X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! Keep us posted with pictures.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Well the sad news is that it does not fit. I kind of suspected as much by overlaying a photo of my frame over a single chassis in some literature but I feel the wrong motor is preferable to no motor. The bottom circumference of the single case bottoms out on the frame loop before the lugs on the engine settle in to it.

The delimma is to either make some adapter spacers to fit this engine into my frame or retube my frame into a single and have the engine fit the way it was designed. I think my first try will be to try and fabricate some kind of adapter mount because this frame seems to be rarer than a single frame.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry, I guess this project just got a little more interesting. Sorry to hear things wouldn't line up. If it were me I'd go the adaptor route for now. Cuz, you know if you re-tube the frame then a twin engine is gonna show up!!! Best of luck and please keep us posted...
        Last edited by c.o.; 02-12-2011, 12:18 PM. Reason: spellin' again!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          Jerry, I guess this project just got a little more interesting. Sorry to hear things wouldn't line up. If it were me I'd got the adaptor route for now. Cuz, you know if you re-tube the frame then a twin engine is gonna show up!!! Best of luck and please keep us posted...
          What he said.
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I was just trying to determine an approximate year for my new Theim engine. Any Theim experts out there. This is a picture I found on the internet of what is claimed to be a 1913 Theim single but compared to the motor I just bought there is a ton of differences. This one is atmospheric intake and the whole cam side is different. Mine has cam actuated intake and a round cam cover. So would my motor be older/newer or different model (they apparently made big and little singles). Last picture is a Theim engine that a friend of mine sold this past summer.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry, are your AMCA back issues handy? In the Winter 2002 issue there is a feature on a '12. Your engine looks like the one in the magazine.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

hi jerry ,the grey bike pictured is a wagner ,not theim.
                www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Lonnie I had wondered about it being a different brand but it distinctly was labelled a Theim in the picture. Thanks. Jerry

Comment

Working...
                  X