Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest acquistion - unknown

Guys

I need some help on this one. Picked it up today from a guy whose father bought it before WW2 in the condition seen here and put it in a shed where it was until today. I have no idea as to make and no real markings - I suspect it has burnt due to lack of anything that wouldn't have burned.

Thanks Jerry
    Last edited by WebKahuna; 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM. Reason: Repaired Pic Links

More pics

Last edited by WebKahuna; 01-02-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

hi jerry, it looks like a 1912 or 13 thiem with the optional K&R two speed rear hub. this is a major score.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

I don't know Jerry but it's screaming Feilbach to me. I'll dig out some literature a little later and see if I can match something up. The only thing that has me thrown off a little is the shape of the toolbox.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Forget it... it looks like Jurassic beat me to the punch..........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Lonnie

What kind of a motor would have been in this bike? Another thing that struck Timmy (the friend that turned it on to me) and I as a bit weird is the belt cutout in the leftside of the rear fender which didn't apparently line up with where the chain had to go. That option rear hub would explain all of that.

Jerry
            Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Wow! There aren't many Thiems out there. Like Lonnie said; that's a fantastic find. Congratulations!
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Yes, Jerry congrats on the new scoop!!! Very cool!!!! I'm not positive but I believe that Thiem produced their own powerplants. If you haven't noticed yet check this out... http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...-single-engine
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Cory That is crazy. I had that motor until a year ago or so. I sold it to a friend and maybe he will sell it back to me because I know he hasn't used it yet.

Jerry

Comment

Here I was crossing my fingers that you still had it. With any luck your friend doesn't make it too hard for you to get it back. It's either that or he's gonna want that chassis!! Best of luck!!!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

in 1914, thiem's last year of production, they made a twin cylinder bike. there is only one twin known to exist, pictured here. this twin has a rear top motor mount just like on jerry's bike ,and the tank also slops down in the back ,like jerry's bike. i believe that this newly found chassis is a 1914 twin chassis.
                      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Whoa!!! It looks like you really scored a gem Jerry!!! Here's some reading you may enjoy.... http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/m...ry10_11_98.htm Very good detective work jurassic!!!!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Cory I had forgotten about Tom and his Theim twin but I know him very well. He is a longtime member of the AMCA Viking Chapter. I have belonged since 1978 and he was an old timer then. I will at least know where to take it for comparison.

Jerry
                          Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM. Reason: sppeling

Comment

Jerry, It looks like the picture is getting clearer. It's funny though how many machines are lacking engines and vice versa. Let's hope something turns up for you.
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Here is a Theim single engine I purchased and tomorrow I get to see hoe good it fits my chassis. Wish me luck. I sure could use some good quality pictures of a Theim single. Mag mount has been cut off of this one.

Jerry
                              Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 02-11-2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: sppeling

Comment

Working...
                              X