The Badger Brass MFG. Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C.O.,

The 1912 "MASCO" Motorcycle Accessories Company catalog lists the "Model 4, G.H. Solar Motorcycle Generator Headlight" that comes with a special bracket for an Indian, H.D., Thor, or Excelsior". The picture in the catalog is identical to the one your son gave you for Christmas. A 1913 motorcycle catalog has the same Solar light pictured for $7.50.

Check out the headlights on the 1907 Wagner motorcycles at www.granddadsbikerpics.com. They look like Solar lights too.

Comment

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
      C.O.,

The 1912 "MASCO" Motorcycle Accessories Company catalog lists the "Model 4, G.H. Solar Motorcycle Generator Headlight" that comes with a special bracket for an Indian, H.D., Thor, or Excelsior". The picture in the catalog is identical to the one your son gave you for Christmas. A 1913 motorcycle catalog has the same Solar light pictured for $7.50.

Check out the headlights on the 1907 Wagner motorcycles at www.granddadsbikerpics.com. They look like Solar lights too.
      Well, that brought a smile to my face........ Thanks for the info. I did check out the Wagner pics..... great stuff! Thanks for posting it!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        Herb, I've seen advertising that included NYC as well as Kenosha. What that means for sure I'm not certain. I'm eager to give it a light cleaning and get it fired up!

I see that Fred Lange used one on his '10.....

http://www.fredlangerestorations.com/1910_harley.html
        One of my vivid memories of my time in Kenosha was the beautiful buildings where the Badger Brass company was located. I know it was their factory because it had a lovely "BRASS" sign stating that ! I hope the wrecker ball didn't get to it as it looked empty and across town Chrysler were tearing down the American motors buildings at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
          One of my vivid memories of my time in Kenosha was the beautiful buildings where the Badger Brass company was located. I know it was their factory because it had a lovely "BRASS" sign stating that ! I hope the wrecker ball didn't get to it as it looked empty and across town Chrysler were tearing down the American motors buildings at that time.
          Now you've got me wondering if that building is still standing. I cringe at the thought of historic structures coming down in the name of progress. Your recollections have reminded me that the next time I get to Calgary I should head downtown and get some pics of the old brick building that has Fred Deeley Imports still prominently lettered on the side.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
          X