Indian 1911 Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian 1911 Tires

What is the correct tire size for an Indian 1911 Single: 28 x 3 or 28 x 2 1/2?
    Thanks for response

1911 used 28 x 2 1/2 tires. Tom Wilcock

Comment

Thanks Tom, the leaf spring is touching the tire slightly. I have the correct tires fittet. I think you order a book. Its on the way
      Indian 1911.jpg

Comment

I look forward to receiving the book. I don't know if the spring links varied in length for different years. If they were too short then the tire would touch. I will check the length of them on my 1911. Tom

Comment

The spring links in my 1911 project pile are different lengths. One is 14 3/8" (305mm) and the other is 15" (383mm). I would assume the short one is correct for 1911 as the fork is shorter than my 1914 fork. Tom

Comment

The measurements I gave are from the center of the bottom hole to the center of the lower spring hole at the top. Tom

Comment

Mine is 16,53 inch (415 mm) from the center of the hole at the rockers to the upper spring hole at the top. If I measure the lower hole where the spring is fitted, it is 14,80 inch (376 mm)
              My fork is original as the complete bike. May be they offered different wheels. I have not read anything about it.

Comment

Working...
              X