No announcement yet.

My free Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Iowa 3 registered letters & no response,you can get a bonded title with cost based on current value...not much for an old honda

Comment

You could also look into getting an "abandoned Vehicle" title?? I did that here in NJ in 1985 for a car. The lady did NOT sign for the letter, she refused it. I had to advertise in the newspaper with the VIN and filled out some form. I did all the prerequisites for it, and got the title. Maybe you could look into that?? It was a lot of work, but worth it in the end. I wish you the best of luck!
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Jim, I believe I read about the process you described, with the addition of getting a police officer to look at that abandoned vehicle, and determine it isn't stolen. I think that will be my Summer project. Thanks for the advice, everyone.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

I know that NJ and FL probably have different laws, but I just looked it up for NJ and they STILL offer a way to get a title for an abandoned vehicle here. So, there is hope for you!! WHY wait for it to be a summer project? Make it a SPRINGTIME project! WINK WINK!
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
          X