Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exeric View Post
    Beautiful. So where is that?
    US550 Ouray-Silverton, Colorful Colorado!
    Rich
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

What a beautiful area that is. I had a friend that I grew up with and he left Jersey in 1971 at age 18 on his Panhead chopper and landed in Silverton and never left. I see why after seeing these pictures. I tried to locate him a few times and when I finally did, I found out he had passed away 6 months previously. R.I.P "Flash" Gordon. Also what a great way to get started in the hobby without having to spend a million dollars.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

OK, 'puter is fixed. Where did I leave off? Oh yeah, carbs.

Rule #1. Don't dump the solvent from the ultrasonic cleaner until you are SURE you have all the small parts. The springs, small washers and o-rings for the idle screws cost me another two weeks. Once I got past my stupidity and got the bike running, I started on the myriad of other small problems.

Firstly was the non functioning temp gauge. This turned out to be a dead voltage regulator. As this part in NLA from Honda and an NOS unit is still 35 year old semi conductors, I opted to build my own. My sausage fingers kind of made that wishful thinking so I ended up finding a simple unit on ebay. That's the little unit in the center of the pic. It's only 30mm x 12mm x 18mm.

It ended up back in the same place in the headlight bucket as the original. It's in the white box in the upper right.

I managed to find a replacement inner fender and rear cowl to replace the ones cut up by the PO.

This was followed by some more edumacation. The saddle from a CX500 Custom does not fit the CX500 Standard. At least it was only a $30 mistake.

I still managed to get some riding around my yard with the wrong saddle and this little bit of two wheeling convinced me that I'd made a good choice.
        cheesy

AMCA #23341

When life serves you lemons, add vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
          Million Dollar Highway...
          Been there and done that.
          That was a good time Robbie and that whole road run was very nice. I'll remember that forever.
          Len.
          AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
          X