No announcement yet.

Henderson electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone knows of a set of chubby springs, or a reasonable alternative, I'd be very interested in them. As it sets (pun intended) the seat rides on the brace and fender when I ride the bike. It makes me feel like I might slide off the rear of the seat.

Comment

Chubby springs - I never heard of such :-) But if they made em I think I know a guy who will know for sure and he might even have a set. I will give him a call. On the valve caps, I do use the tape - have not had any more troubles there. I know what you mean about the handelbars in a turn, complicate it more and have your foot on the clutch, what fun. Your statements on gravitational pull cracked me up!! I am under 6 ft and 145lbs and I have still bottomed on a hard hit bump.

Comment

hensteveamc@aol.com

Steve Siccalone is a big boy. Loves his KJ.
        I'd ask him what he has done.
        Super nice guy - lots of knowledge.

145???? You look bigger in photos Tom.
        Look forward to meeting you F2F.
        Hopefully on the back to back RR in Sept.

Gotta keep your eyes peeled and stand up
        on those foot boards if you see it coming.
        I often refer to the ejector seat -as such.

If you blow the rear tire. The bike will want to
        dump as you slow down. Sometimes the tire
        will jam and lock. Be prepared. It's a real
        snakey ride. Twice I've just kept it in a sort
        of straight line with both feet out slideing.
        Low side it on the left side -if you have to.
        Pref on grass or gravel. Avoid getting run
        over. Roll to curb side quickly.
        OK,,, enough of that talk.

Comment

Admin Guy,
          Thanks for the contact info. I dropped Steve a note.

I'm watching the tires very closely. Right now they have 50psi, and I think I'll bump that to 60. Dropping the bike is not on my list of desirable events.

Comment

Look forward to meeting several of you guys too someday, though I have some family issues going on and cant make much of anything right now. Steve Ciccalone is real good, an ex Coastie like me - I forgot to, he has a totally original I think 27 Henderson Deluxe. He sent me a roll of pictures so I could see how mine would look when together - a real good guy. You should be able to get alot of good info there.
            The reason I look bigger in photos, is my heads full of hot air and other worthless stuff :-) Ask anybody who knows me, they will tell ya I am full of it, I think they ment in a good way, ha

Comment

Working...
            X