Chris Haynes as Senior Judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
    What? Chris buy margaretters? Are we talking the same Chris? I had to bribe him with free admission and a free T-shirt to drool over a bunch of HDs at a non-club event. Where on earth were there 'retters at Dixon? I go through great pains to whip up pitchers of Manhattans there.
    Ask Kevin about my 'hattans. Last time he had one, it snowed in the dessert!
    RF.
    Margaritas are served cold at Bud's Pub and Grill 1/2 mile north of the meet. 101 So 1 st. St Dixon
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Are those the drinks that are served with a tiny umbrella?
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider View Post
        Are those the drinks that are served with a tiny umbrella?
        Nope. Prefer mine on the rocks and made with Salsa Hornitos tequila.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Add as Senior Judges: Don Kames and Denny Ryan (Illinois) and Bob Davis (Arkansas) all are judges of the British bikes.

Comment

I guess what I was asking for was an OFFICIAL list of some kind by the Chief Judge, Assistant Chief Judge, or at least a national officer. Is there a list? Is there anyone that would publish it on here or in the Antique Magazine? Is it to much to ask? Thanks.
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie.
              Rest assured there is a list which is being updated at present, I personally think it would be great if it could be published on this forum. Unfortunately no judge has ever been asked if they are OK with having their name included on a list that will be published on the Net, so unfortunately in the interests of their privacy it will not be possible to post this list at present.

Pete Reeves. National Deputy Judge. Member of the Judging Committee

Comment

Thanks Pete.
                Louie
                FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by pete reeves View Post
                  Louie.
                  Rest assured there is a list which is being updated at present, I personally think it would be great if it could be published on this forum. Unfortunately no judge has ever been asked if they are OK with having their name included on a list that will be published on the Net, so unfortunately in the interests of their privacy it will not be possible to post this list at present.

Pete Reeves. National Deputy Judge. Member of the Judging Committee
                  As a very short time member here, I've watched with some amusement (ok, it's pretty damn funny) at how this thing is run. You appoint someone a "Senior Judge" and you can't say who they are? I'm guessing this little honorary title (and the free hat) has been handed out willie nillie over the years and no one really knows how many Senior Judges that are out there hiding in the shadows. After watching the fiasco that was the "Coup at Eustis", I'm convinced that cloak and dagger tactics are pretty much standard operating procedure......
                  47 WL
                  51 Ls Sidecar
                  03 FLHT
                  http://www.gouldingsidecars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Big View Post
                    As a very short time member here, I've watched with some amusement (ok, it's pretty damn funny) at how this thing is run. You appoint someone a "Senior Judge" and you can't say who they are? I'm guessing this little honorary title (and the free hat) has been handed out willie nillie over the years and no one really knows how many Senior Judges that are out there hiding in the shadows. After watching the fiasco that was the "Coup at Eustis", I'm convinced that cloak and dagger tactics are pretty much standard operating procedure......
                    Obviously you didn't know Toney Watson and other marque experts like him that still judge for the AMCA. There is, and has been some very awesome talent in the AMCA judging system.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      Obviously you didn't know Toney Watson and other marque experts like him that still judge for the AMCA. There is, and has been some very awesome talent in the AMCA judging system.
                      Not disputing these are talented people. This thread was started to announce Chris's appointment and he is extremely knowledgeable and an excellent choice. I found Mr. Reeves statement odd that he could not divulge the names of these talented people. It just seems to further the perception that this organization is run on a "need to know" basis and apparently the membership does not "need to know" who these people are. I realize that this is their show and the BOD are the owners and they can certainly run it anyway they see fit. It's just amazing to me that they are so secretive about everything and are so out of touch with their membership. Just my two nickels.....(inflation you know).
                      47 WL
                      51 Ls Sidecar
                      03 FLHT

Comment

Mr. Big--I know several AMCA Senior Judges that have not been mentioned in this forum. That said, I believe it is the responsability of the AMCA President and the BOD to tell the membership who these folks are. I am not about to endanger a sacred trust!!!!! Michael--6671

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
                          I guess what I was asking for was an OFFICIAL list of some kind by the Chief Judge, Assistant Chief Judge, or at least a national officer. Is there a list? Is there anyone that would publish it on here or in the Antique Magazine? Is it to much to ask? Thanks.
                          Louie
                          when I was REMOVED from my position at Eustis, I handed over the computer program and all data files to the president who turned it over to the new chief judge
                          Kevin Valentine 13
                          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Maybe they don't want their names out there. Some people don't want to be in the AMCA roster either. They're willing to donate their time and talent to the club. Like Pete said, it's only fair that they be given the option to keep their anonymity if that's their wish.
                            Last edited by exeric; 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Well maybe I need to backup a bit. What are the responsibilities or duties of a Senior Judge? Is it just a title that recognizes their contributions or do they have any real authority at a meet? The whole thing made me curious when the question was asked of who else was a Senior Judge and no one seemed to know exactly.
                              47 WL
                              51 Ls Sidecar
                              03 FLHT

Comment

Mr Big, It's not a secret in the club who the senior judges are. Once you have been hanging around here for a few years you will know them as well. They, Mr Big, just like you, do not wish thier full names announced over the internet. I guess what I'm saying is that it not a secrecy thing as much as it a personal privicy thing. By the way, welcome aboard.
                                ------------
                                Steve
                                AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                                X