100Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark Woodstock View Post
    I have wondered many nights while working on my bikes about the 100 point criteria. As far as I'm concerned, when someone is restoring a bike to go through the AMCA Judging System, they should be striving to obtain 100 points. However, I've also have some questions about what the goal is that we are striving for.

Is it a bike as it had left the factory? As a friend of mine said the other day, they left the factory in a wooden crate with the handle bars strapped to the side of the box. Or, is it a bike as it arrived to the showroom, or a bike as it left the showroom. If it's how a bike arrived to the showroom, the bike would have no period accessories. If it's how a bike left the showroom, then the bike may have had period accessories.

I hope that the powers to be will get this figured out, as I think we need to be clear as to exactly what we are striving for.

Best regards.
    It is kind of a vague qualification: "how it left the factory." What it means is how the factory intended it to look, unmodified by an owner. What it works out to in practice, if you want to put it in a specific location along its journey to its initial owner, I would put it rolling out of the back doorway of the shop of the franchise dealership: set up, fueled, oiled, test run, and with all of the original accessories that the dealer and/or owner might have specified for the brand-new bike, "upon delivery." Not exactly "left the factory," or "arrived at the showroom," but as "delivered to its first owner" works for me.
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Sargehere,

I would tend to agree with you and you are putting common sense to this question as I have tried in the past. But, as you know, we have a new judging committee that is working on the rules and procedures. I am in no way looking to dictate to the committee what they should be working on. But feel it would be great for the club and the members if the new judging team interacted with the members. For instance, if a group of members are discussing about a certain juding criteria on this website, that could help to show the committee what types of rulings are important to the members.

I know this is going to take some time, but for me the judging system has always been very important to the club, under Robin and Kevin and also the new team.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
      X