No announcement yet.

Black / Blue parts for 22 henderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silentgreyfello, I just re-read my previous remark and I want to apologize for that rather snotty comment at the end. Criticisim should always be constructive and enlightening and not self-aggrandizing. I love this stuff and I enjoy talking to people who love it as much as I do. That's what keeps it fun.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Exeric... no offense taken. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is exactly what I wanted on this thread.

I wanted to follow up with the rockers colors. Ciccalone has an orig paint 1922 deluxe that has blue rockers. I haven't seen the bike, but a couple of guys pointed to him because of that bike. John Rhodes felt they should be blue because they were made in-house. Tony Watson thought they should be black, but told me to call John Rhodes for sure.

After quite a bit of thought and wondering why I wasn't getting anything done, I flipped a coin and painted them blue. If I find out for sure that they are to be black, I'll change them some afternoon.

Thanks again for the input!

Comment

Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

silentgreyfello, if you don't have this bracket for your ammeter, you'll need to make one from this print. In the intrest that some dead horses still need a good beating I would like to point out that this bracket was made by Excelsior and bolted directly to the frame. As for Excelsior making their own rockers I would suspect that was half true. The rockers were a forging and not a casting and from what I gleen from "The Home of the Excelsior" book, Excelsior did not do their own forgings. I don't think they did their own castings either. However, they did do the machine work on casting and forgings. The theory that Excelsior painted parts of their own manufacture blue, and left outside vendor parts black doesn't wash if you consider the finish on this drawing.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, thanks for posting the print! That is one of two parts that I need. The other being the bracket for the oil pressure gage. As for the blue/black, I can only go off of what guys have told me. This, however, holds a lot more weight than an opinion!!! Any prints of the rockers? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X