X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding Big Twin
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    If you do a google search for frame blueprints you may be surprised at what you find.

I’ve done that many times over the years and drawing 47004-49A shows up all over the place.

But the one I’m chasing is said to be 47000-40A and I have had no luck finding it. Apparently you have though so perhaps you could provide a link to it.
    Eric

Leave a comment:

• Chris Haynes
    replied
    Originally posted by FCJ View Post
    I don't know what AMCA judges use.
    Common sense. :-)

Leave a comment:

• FCJ
    replied
    I thought that Chris may have a copy of the referenced drawings, but maybe Palmer is the only person that has the referenced drawings? I don't know what AMCA judges use.
    Last edited by FCJ; 09-19-2020, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Haynes
    replied
    If you do a google search for frame blueprints you may be surprised at what you find.

Leave a comment:

• D.A.Bagin
    replied
    silence.....

Leave a comment:

• Speeding Big Twin
    replied
    If no-one can post factory evidence in answer to my question then what does the AMCA use as proof when examining the frame of a 54 on the judging field?

As I’ve mentioned before, Palmer’s 37–64 SE has contradictory info regarding when changes occurred. At one stage it said the straight-leg frame returned at approx engine SN 3501 while another page indicated the change occurred at about engine SN 4500.

And Palmer is contradicted by at least one AMCA judge who says the change to straight leg occurred at around engine SN 4000. Both refer to a factory drawing/blueprint but if they mean the same drawing then how do they reach different conclusions re the changeover?

If the factory drawing was posted then the situation would be resolved and everybody would benefit.
    Eric

Leave a comment:

• Speeding Big Twin
    started a topic Frame changes for 1954 Panheads

Frame changes for 1954 Panheads

For 1954 Panheads the factory used two wishbone frames and a straight-leg frame. But at what stage, as far as engine serial numbers are concerned, did the second wishbone appear and when did the straight-leg frame appear?

I imagine the AMCA has factory documentation and/or factory drawings revealing when the frame changes occurred and I would appreciate it if I could obtain copies of whatever is available. I’ll be happy to pay in advance to cover any cost. Thank you.
    Eric
Working...
X