No announcement yet.

Fake Cad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can have cad plating done here locally and have been happy with the results. I have posted this before but will be happy to have parts plated and the more the better as it is $60 per dunk--Michael--6671

Comment

Originally posted by David R. View Post
      what chapter do you belong to?

Evergreen Chapter. Most of our members are from Western Washington. Worsham Castle's deal sounds better, though.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in Richmond,Va. I did live in WA for a while. Lived and worked on old wooden boats.

Comment

I ran across this today on e bay Item # 150363522225

or
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Be Careful----side By Side Zinc And Cad Don't Look Anything Alike. Zinc Is Much Smoother And Shinier But Not The Correct Finish

Comment

Originally posted by David R. View Post
              I have been investigating these products for my project. No experience of my own yet, but have read good things so far. http://www.caswellplating.com/

I have one of their cad kits. Unused. If some one wants it - it's free. You would just need to pay me actual shipping and any packaging I might have to buy But should be able to scrape up what I need without buying anything.

Send me a PM if interested.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
                I have one of their cad kits. Unused. If some one wants it - it's free. You would just need to pay me actual shipping and any packaging I might have to buy But should be able to scrape up what I need without buying anything.

Send me a PM if interested.
                You have a PM
                Jeff Bowles
                Arkansas
                Membership # 14023
                1957 Sportster

Comment

Hi.
                  I am looking to clarify the finish on OEM parts for some of my Panheads that I am restoring.
                  I have some Panhead parts in my collection that have been cad plated and then silver painted over the cad.
                  Was this ever a procedure of the factory?
                  The paint looks to be the same colour as the high temp silver that they used for later Pan barrels.
                  I have a set of 65 Pan heads that appeared to have the remanants of silver paint on the heads, rocker boxes, and D rings.
                  I bought a can of OEM silver on eekbay some time back part # 98603-E.
                  Any one ever read or know if this is right?
                  Regards Steve
                  Attached Files
                  Steve Little
                  Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                  Australia.
                  AMCA member 1950

Comment

As far as I know HD never painted over their cad from the factory. Owners did it to dress things up.
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

A lot of owners did a spring cleaning every couple of years or so that involved a fresh coat of aluminum paint over everything that was silver, engine cases, hardware and all. I believe the silver paint used during the panhead era was 98660-49.
                      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                        Have you got any clues on the original use of the silver paint that I have.
                        Label says "Quick drying enamel" Silver.

Regards Steve
                        Steve Little
                        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                        Australia.
                        AMCA member 1950

Comment

Barrels and pipes are the only thing that I can think of that were painted silver. Bob L
                          AMCA #3149
                          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

My first '65, a ten-year-old KCPD machine at stock bore, had traces of seasoned 'silicon silver' paint on the heads.

It was ugly.

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Is your cad plater inTexas. For some reason I cant open the infor on your site. Thanks George
                              Originally posted by PRG View Post
                              Howdy Chaps,

There is no credible substitute for real cad. Though formulaes have changed from the days when it was customary fitment on your machine in the 40's resulting in a slightly different appearance these days, sourced from a vendor equiped (authorized) to perform this service it's as good as ever, so to speak. Under incredible regulatory constraints, you've got to find someone who's primary revenue source pays (for the luxury) of offering this service to the general public and that is aviation and military. For which anyone geared to service the latter is preferred. Contact Bilmark at the info under ..resources at my site here 1941 Indian Four - Unfinished Business - , they supply the navy and the owner is vintage motorcycle enthusiast.

They have never lost nor damaged a piece in over 20 years but I take no chances using a dedicated plywood box with bolted down top.

Comment

Jet Plate

Jet Plate in Reading, Pa. does cad at very reasonable prices.

1840 Cotton Street
                                Reading, PA 19606-1713
                                (610) 373-6600

Comment

Working...
                                X