No announcement yet.

Restore Original Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to use lemon pledge to shine up my new painted Indian. I did notice a change and called SC Johnson Co to see if there was any silicone in the product. They had a tech person call back and confirm that there is. Now I wouldn't use it for anything.
    ...Rod

Comment

Back in the seventies, we used the Johnson wax on old cars painted with the nitrocellulose lacquer paint. It's one of those waxes you can't let dry, you apply and rub it off. Like Mr. Yiagi said, "Was on, Wax off". Great stuff, not like these soft paste waxes most folks use now.
      Lonnie Campbell #9908
      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        Rich!

I would get Johnson's Wax across the street at the hardware store, but I have several cans left from dumpsters. It is widely available.

Its good for polished leather too.

"Lemon Pledge", also an S.C. Johnson product, was great... until they changed it to a wax-free formula.

....Cotten

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Look for S.C. Johnson Paste Wax.
        Thanx Exeric and Tom, found it listed here : http://www.homedepot.com/p/SC-Johnso...203/100154748#

Comment

Working...
        X