Hi Fi Blue Where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fi Blue Where to buy?

Anyone know the paint code for Hi Fi Blue, and its silver base? Or where to buy it?

Originally posted by cmcadam View Post
    Anyone know the paint code for Hi Fi Blue, and its silver base? Or where to buy it?
    You won't be able to buy the color from any 'standard' paint producer as a premix. There are, from what I understand, some folks doing mixes. But not sure anyone shares actual paint codes or that there is a precise mix.

Your best bet these days is to use a modern paint finish such as Centari, Chroma, etc. Hi Fi Blue would have been single stage, so the Chroma Premiere system would give a very accurate representation vs., say, a clear coat.

A good paint shop will have color books that you can use to match or you can have a good paint supplier use a Kollmorgen machine (paint laser matching... generic term) to match a sample if you have an original sample of Hi Fi Blue.

I had my EL tank done last year in Flight Red, Chroma Premiere. It came out perfectly. They matched it with laser. One of the reasons I went with the Chroma system vs. buying pre-mix paint is that my paint shop could ensure it was compatible with the primers/fillers, etc. and would 100 percent stand behind the paint job. Buying a can of hi-fi blue with unknown chemistry makes it really hard for your painter. And they may not warranty the job.

Just some rambles. But been to this rodeo a few times.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

It is a candy blue with a silver base coat.

Comment

Hold on to your wallet, Between Etching primer, workable primer, silver undercoat, candy blue and the birch white you’re looking at $500 clams just in supplies. John Pierce has everything you need but get ready for the restorer butt reaming. Bob L
        http://colorwrite.freehostingcloud.com/main.html
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

John Pierce is the only place to buy paint...Anybody else is just an imitation.
          AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
          X