No announcement yet.

1940something 45" flathead from Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those tanks look a little beyond mayonaisse, Taylor,...

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Rubone - I need to buy the 1 7/8 manifold wrench to get it off, I believe the manifold in the pic is for whatever carb servis we're running, but I have a wla 3 bolt one that I'm going to run. I've got a freshly rebuilt m88 from Doug Feisenrod a while back and am going to use that one. Cotton-I was working on those tanks this afternoon and found out that almost everything was rust welded solid. The bottom end of the fuel rod has totally mated itself to the threaded bottom side( the end broke off, and the top cap has done the same. Fuel drain plug came out with alot of penetrating oil ok, and the insides of the tanks are a slightly pitted but surprisingly decent. I don't know how I'm gonna get the fuel rod out, it looks like a 10 year old slim Jim. So much for mayonnaise, the whole thing is just about covered in penetrating oil(or at least has a wiped / slight coating)

Comment

Just threw a new seatpost bushing in yesterday and it looks like my seatpost has been worn down by an o.d. of 25 thousandths. Is it best just to get a new upper part of the seatpost. I'd like to keep as much original stuff , but it looks like the seatpost is a little thin in the first place. Also, I believe my front fender is off of a knucklehead. I know the difference isn't that much in the length of the fender braces. But can anyone confirm lengths? Mine is almost exactly 6" from the edge of the fender to the farthest edge of the farthest (away from the rear of the bike) rivet. I don't know if it will fit if I bend the braces to fit inside the rockers
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I ended up making a custom bushing for the seatpost. I had o.d.'s that went from 1.040 to 1.055. I turned /filed it down to 1.045(where possible) and made a 1.048 i.d. bronze bushing. I'm good to go! 6 inch oversized bronze bushing was only 15 bucks, and I used a lathe in a community workshop in town. I also dropped some stuff of to a guy named bondo bob down here in Tucson to fix some smaller things I can't. Another week or two and I'll start digging into the motor and check the bushings and the rods

Comment

I have a line on a really cherry looking ls29 repop sidecar. Guy selling it is only a couple of hours away. They're going for 3500 new , and am curious what a decent deal on this one would be. Tiny, my dog, would love this and I'm hoping someone can chime in on what would be a fair offer. Much help appreciated
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I chatted with her a bit and she wants 7k for a replica sidecar. She's insane

Comment

Working...
              X