No announcement yet.

1913-ish Pierce Single project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you found a motor Steve. I can't wait to see you work you magic!
    Last edited by New Mexico Brant; 04-23-2022, 04:20 PM.

Comment

You might want to contact Andy McRoberts. He advertises in the club magazine, as I belive the wheel shop. His late father was very knowledgeble on them and Andy has alot of the tools and spare parts and that knowledge. He live up in Michigan, way up in Michigan. He also makes the clincher rims in whatever the spoke combination that you need. Nice guy and a hell of a craftsman. His son Brian is also involved in the business. If you cant find his number in the magazine, send me a message and Ill forward it to you. He's easier to text than call. He lives in a very remote area,NW of Midland.

Comment

(1) Antique Motorcycle Clincher Rim. Indian Harley-davidson Excelsior Henderson | eBay

Comment

Thats them.

Comment

You can't go wrong with McRoberts rims. He put a lot of early motorcycles back on the ground.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Update:

I located a correct 1913 Pierce
              single motor for the bike! Thanks
              for the encouragement and info! Now to finally dig into that frame repair.

3BBA0586-5343-4964-A16A-72F11F36364A.jpeg08579305-E665-44D4-8436-11196B6B00AD.jpeg

Comment

Great to see this project moving forward, now it's looking more like a motorcycle!
                #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Nice going finding the engine. I look forward to following your progress!

Jim

Comment

Some progress photos of the frame repair…

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

You are doing a fantastic job with a tough revival of a historic motorcycle gem. Personally, I think the Pierce single is a better proportioned motorcycle than their 4; and for everyone's benefit, you'll have a rare, beautiful bike saved from obscurity, or worse ! . It is so refreshing to see someone do the work to save a treasure (for future generations) of "true" antique motorcycling. Enjoy the journey with your Pierce, and good luck.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Herz magnetos were also used on early Popes (1911 single) and Yales (1910 1/2 twin) as I'm looking at them.
                          DrSprocket

Comment

Fantastic ! I am amazed you were able to find an engine for it - amazing, well done ! Looking forward to your progress

Comment

Though I have not been there in a few years, there may still be a Pierce single in Frank Mason's private collection in his building in Chehalis, WA.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this!

Comment

Working...
                                X