Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigLakeBob
    replied
    Do you care to share the high and lows from your Cannonball experience? Was the physical endurance more or less than you expected? How did your motorcycle perform, issues? Pictures? It would be great to hear the insider view. Thanks, Bob

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    Cool Photo. Looking Good!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pisten-bully
    replied
    10520CB9-DF28-4062-969C-2FF3599CAA13.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    Agree Go Dana Go!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pisten-bully
    replied
    Bummer, looking at the scores through stage 5 looks like Dana had some trouble, hope she can get it sorted out and back on the road... she put a ton of effort into this event all on her own. Go Dana, pulling for you here!

Leave a comment:

• d_lasher
    replied
    All packed up and ready to go. We’re off to Portland to see our son and his wife.

not much room left after the bikes in the van

Everyone is ready to go

Even Tom Nook
    3498AA9A-935A-4CE2-8364-80F66DCDA516.jpeg

​​​​​​​Dana

Leave a comment:

• joe fxs fxr
    replied
    I hope you have a good ride, and it goes well. Going to post updates here for us non-insta people?

Leave a comment:

• TH47Indy
    replied
    Good luck and safe travels!! I look forward to following you on the journey.

Leave a comment:

• pisten-bully
    replied
    Will be watching, good luck Dana!

Leave a comment:

• PaulCDF
    replied
    Fair Weather and Good Luck Dana!

Leave a comment:

• d_lasher
    replied
    That’s it, pencils down. We leave on Wednesday and I still need to pack our truck up.

I did manage to make some extra spare parts on the lathe this weekend. Here’s a pic of arcing a spare set of front brakes with my fancy dancy homemade brake jig.

8E7CA14D-D09E-4602-9DF0-6B3D1E7A960D.jpeg

We leave in 3 days. Mary has decided to track our adventure on Instagram, you can follow us at ‘TheCastleHillGarage’

Dana

Leave a comment:

• d_lasher
    replied
    Totally repo. I even know where I bought it. Just didn’t expect a washer to break under 45 lbs of torque.

Dana

Leave a comment:

• tfburke3
    replied
    my guess is that washer is a reproduction,not Indian.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Wieland
    replied
    Originally posted by d_lasher View Post
    I've been doing some last minute checks and went to retorque the head bolts and found this

unnamed.jpg
    a broken head bolt washer. When I checked the head there were casting marks right under the breaks in the washer. I sanded them flat and replaced the bolt and the washer. Has anyone seen this before? My only guess is the heat treatment failed and it made the washer too brittle and I cracked it when I torqued the head down last time.
    gharper - Do you not have hubs with grease zerks on them?
    I do, but I didn't fill the hub with grease because I was worried about over greasing the bearings and having the grease squeeze out onto the brake drums? My thought process is to repack the bearings after a week and that would give me a chance to inspect everything in there. You think I'm better off filling the hub and using the zerks?
    gharper - I see you've listed "adjust the oil meter" a couple places ... Avoid the temptation to adjust if it seems a bit off all of a sudden
    "Long closed-loop stochastic feedback system". Now that's something I know, I write process control software in my other life.

We leave CA in 6 days!

Dana

Dana One more part to carry in your toolbox and one more thing to check repeatedly! Jerry

Leave a comment:

• d_lasher
    replied
    I've been doing some last minute checks and went to retorque the head bolts and found this

unnamed.jpg
    a broken head bolt washer. When I checked the head there were casting marks right under the breaks in the washer. I sanded them flat and replaced the bolt and the washer. Has anyone seen this before? My only guess is the heat treatment failed and it made the washer too brittle and I cracked it when I torqued the head down last time.
    gharper - Do you not have hubs with grease zerks on them?
    I do, but I didn't fill the hub with grease because I was worried about over greasing the bearings and having the grease squeeze out onto the brake drums? My thought process is to repack the bearings after a week and that would give me a chance to inspect everything in there. You think I'm better off filling the hub and using the zerks?
    gharper - I see you've listed "adjust the oil meter" a couple places ... Avoid the temptation to adjust if it seems a bit off all of a sudden
    "Long closed-loop stochastic feedback system". Now that's something I know, I write process control software in my other life.

We leave CA in 6 days!

Dana

Leave a comment:

Working...
X