No announcement yet.

38 Indian Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clarify I had a 37 engine and a 38 frame I wasn't going to butcher an otherwise good 38 frame to make it a 37. Also I didn't have the money to buy another frame. The intention was to build a rider and not a show bike. I'm going to enjoy it while I still walk the earth. When I'm gone the purist can strip it apart and do what they like. You won't hear a peep out of me.rip2.gif

Comment

Nickle plated the fuel line and a couple of other parts.

Comment

Caswell? Looks nice.
        AMCA #765

Comment

Looks like hi fi purple on my screen

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
            Looks like hi fi purple on my screen
            Crummy phone camera, bad lighting and a blue background. They came out of the soup with an nice nickel finish. And yes Mr. Len Dowe it's Caswell.

Comment

Major break thru today.
              The chief fired up and ran today. I'll post a video later this week.

Comment

Comment

Beautiful Chief! Very nice work and I bet it runs as good as it looks. What was the color scheme going to be?
                  AMCA # 3233

Comment

I really like this paint scheme.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bills37 View Post
                      To clarify I had a 37 engine and a 38 frame I wasn't going to butcher an otherwise good 38 frame to make it a 37. Also I didn't have the money to buy another frame. The intention was to build a rider and not a show bike. I'm going to enjoy it while I still walk the earth. When I'm gone the purist can strip it apart and do what they like. You won't hear a peep out of me.[ATTACH=CONFIG]21693[/ATTACH]
                      I agree.
                      Looking really nice and hoping to see the video.
                      AMCA #765

Comment

That green and cream combination will be stunning.
                        AMCA # 3233

Comment

Bill,
                          Looks great and looking forward to see it and you on a chapter ride soon. Will be even nicer once you have it sorted out and then painted!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                          AMCA #12766

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
                            That green and cream combination will be stunning.
                            beautiful combination.

Comment

Well I had a little set back last weekend. I had fired up the bike while it was on the center stand and everything ran fine. I roll it out of the garage to take it for a test ride and it backfired out of the carb and caught on fire. Turns out the professionally rebuilt carb was missing the float bowl gasket. It was fine running upright on the center stand but started leaking when leaned over on the side stand. No harm done other than a few more grey hairs. I got the gasket installed today and took it for it's maiden ride.

Comment

Tragic, Bill!

The paint looks bubbled off too.
                                Why did a missing gasket make it backfire out the carb?

Modern corks rarely fit beneath the tin top without effort
                                The only literature that suggests any seal on top of the tin top was "caulking". (Wish I had a copy...) But thin paper makes sense.

Linkert sidevalves ignored any gasket at all, except for them silly Ks.

....Cotten
                                PS: Your LS needle knob is '40 only!
                                Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-16-2018, 04:29 PM.
                                AMCA #776
                                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                                X