No announcement yet.

45 oiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bigger problem I've got at the moment is the old lady across the alley who came out today in her robe screaming at me to 'turn that damn thing off! You've ran that thing 3 days in a row!' When she started getting rude, I told her 'I've been working on this thing for 10 years now, you're gonna have to deal with 3 days!' More expletives were exhanged....

I hate yelling at an old lady. But when you approach someone screaming and yelling, expect to get it back!

Just wait until I get this thing rolling.....head to work about 6:30am, I'll light it up and warm it up fully every morning. No respect I tell ya!

Comment

You should have mentioned to the old girl that it could be worse in the neighborhood. You could be one of those young punks with one of those unbelieveably loud stereos that pump the bass so hard one's ears could bleed! I've got a neighbor like that and it took me to completely lose my temper with him before he got the hint to turn the racket down!

O.K. back to your chain oiler......... do you have a copy of the military green manual? It paints a little better picture of the oiling system. If you don't I will scan that section and post it for you. I have a theory now but since I'm not 100% confident of it I'd rather let the folks who wrote the manual give you the info. I'm actually really surprised that there hasn't been more input on this.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Oddly enough, she is the landlord of the building across the alley. I've been kept awake at 3:00am from some of her very drunk tennants talking loudly in the alley, playing loud music in their cars, and a few fights. I think she's just pissed because another guy on the block flys through the alley at about 50 with his brand new harley with drag pipes.

Anyways, I do have the green army manual. What is your theory? And what page are you looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by hdrl1935 View Post
          Oddly enough, she is the landlord of the building across the alley. I've been kept awake at 3:00am from some of her very drunk tennants talking loudly in the alley, playing loud music in their cars, and a few fights. I think she's just pissed because another guy on the block flys through the alley at about 50 with his brand new harley with drag pipes.

Anyways, I do have the green army manual. What is your theory? And what page are you looking at?
          Damn neighbors.....

O.K. my theory comes from the Motorcycle Mechanics Handbook from 1943 pgs 31-34 (It's green and comes from the Motorcycle Department Fort Knox, Kentucky). If we are assuming that the chain oiler works off of the same circuit as the gear case (cam chest) then you wouldn't see oil to the chain oiler until after your rpms are up and the oil pressure reached 30-35 lbs. I'm thinkin' you might need to take it for a ride........

But like I said it's merely a thought in my head....... I'd hate to have you rely on my ramblings....
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

I meant prime the pump. Didn't realize pump was working when I made the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X