Removing stuck original wiring from fender

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rms337
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 134

    #1

    Removing stuck original wiring from fender

    I have original wiring that is stuck inside the rear fender that I am trying to remove. There is nothing extra on the ends to pull on thanks to my prior attempts to get the two wires out. There are minor ends to work with at the inside pivot point, but I have left that alone until I get some ideas.

    Any tips or suggestions are greatly welcome!

  • Lyle Manheimer
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 193

    #2
    More in information would help. Here goes. Lube with WD-40 let it sit over night. If it is the penetration in the fender, after siting overnight, take a piece of round stock smaller than the hole, grind a taper on it and try to push it through. Is the fender on the bike? Is it original paint? Is it even stuck in a hole? Not sure what you mean by pivot point.

    Comment

    • vride5
      Member
      • Dec 2002
      • 93

      #3
      High pressure air, try from the hinge out.

      Comment

      • Jerry Wieland
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 2016

        #4
        I've had luck twice by using a speedometer core spun in a drill as an auger. Just make sure you are not spinning it in the rotation that would unwind it. Just did one a couple of week ago. The fabric sticks to the metal.

        Jerry

        Comment

        Working...