No announcement yet.

Corbin Speedometer's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my work table for the Corbin dial plates.IMG_7231.jpgIMG_7228.jpgIMG_7229.jpgIMG_7230.jpg

Comment

you must have a huge grin on when you work on these,,,,im grinning looking at the pictures in this thread,,,,,just the way things were made back in those days was just pure class................

Comment

Do you restore for the public? Great photos Dale

Comment

Yes i do work on them for others. use this marsh1915hd@msn.com

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but hopefully someone out there can help. I just bought an 80mph Corbin for my 1915 Indian.

I have pulled apart the cable cleaned and regreased the cable but the tiny ball bearing cage back that goes in one end. Im not sure it is sitting properly. Is there only 1 ball bearing race on the cable and is it at the small end where it screws onto the right angle bevel gear unit.

thanks

Eric

Comment

Just joined ACMA to help me on my 47 Chief project bike. I currently have an aluminum ashtray covering the hole where a red (silver) bar Corbin should be.
              Do you know of anybody with restored 47 Corbin speedo that willing to part with it?

Comment

Hi Terry,
                I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I've got a question for you, as you've probably seen every Corbin under the sun by now, have you ever seen a Corbin speedo face (the early teens type) that has brown numbers? If such a beast existed - what finish would the needle have had?
                Regards, Rob

Comment

I have a restored 47 Corbin for sale ? $1,200IMG_2733.jpgIMG_2734.jpgIMG_2735.jpg I also have a 47 Chief, I do have a nice rear fender for one. Original Red. 60%

Comment

I am not sure , but maybe the paint has changed in 100 years? I have seen some with brown looking numbers. Nickel needle.

Comment

tool 1.jpgtool 2.jpgtool 3.jpg

The attached photos show a tool I made to remove/install the drive end nut of a Panhead speedometer. I used an old 1" socket and cut out a wedge that could be slipped around the cable and would slide down in to the recessed area where the drive end goes in to the case. I welded on a couple of 7" by 3/8" rebar stems that you can put a vice grip on to loosen or tighten the nut. Works great and doesn't scar up the nut trying to get some weird pliers down in to that tiny space. 57 Pan.

Comment

Crows foot socket. Nice job on thinking outside of the hat. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks. Crude but effective. No doubt HD makes an actual tool for that job, but I was not going to stumble upon it any time soon! Garrett.

Comment

Corbin for H-D 21F

Hi Terry

I tried to send you a PM but I may have screwed it up.

I have been gifted the attached 80 mph Corbin to use on my H-D 21F restoration. The speedo is reputedly in good order; the fibre sprocket is in reasonable shape; the angle drive works smoothly.

Assuming that the fibre sprocket is the right size for my machine, I think I need three more parts to complete the set up: the cable, the toothed driving wheel to attach to the spokes of the 28 x 3 rear wheel of the bike; and a bracket for attaching the sprocket and angle drive to the rear frame tubes. (I can make up a bracket to attach the speedo to the top of the tank once I know the thread size of the two fixing holes in the rear of the speedo shell.)

Can you supply the components I am missing or perhaps point me to someone who can?

Regards

Mike

002 (615x800).jpg

Comment

Wrong tread!
                              AMCA #3149
                              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

My apologies Bob. Judging by the posts on the previous pages I think I'm in the right thread, but I should have hit the reply button to one of Terry Marsh's earlier posts rather than the last one - which happened to be yours!

Comment

Working...
                                X