• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,
    That is what I like to hear. Thank you Mark,
    Terry

Comment

Just finished this one and it too is back on the road.IMG_6609.jpgIMG_6610.jpgIMG_6612.jpgIMG_6613.jpg

Comment

I am looking for a speedo and cable and mount for a 1941 Scout 741.

I think I have the drive head and just picked up the fiber gear.
        IMG_20140106_082407720.jpg

Comment

Buy it from Jerry Greer's Engineering. They good parts and good people.

Comment

Marsh,
            Thanks so you don't have any?

Comment

I only work with the Corbin speedometer's. The 741 speedometer and parts are not Corbin's. They are S&W. Buy it from Greer's, I don't have that stuff.

Comment

do you have much data on fitment to bikes, ie cable lengths etc?
                i have a 1916 Emblem Big Twin and would have all bits but the cables so keen on seeing what it should be.

Comment

Hi Terry,
                  Are you able to post a picture of the correct head for a HD 31V please? I found 3 at a swap meet on the weekend and took photos but managed to delete them before I got them off the camera. By going back over this thread I believe 1 may have been a late teens HD head.

Reagrds

Comment

HI Peter,
                    There are pictures on page 3 of the correct speedo. That would be a 100 mph in the USA or a 160K speedometer with or with out light and maximum hand.

Comment

Thanks Terry, much appreciated.

Comment

Do you have everything needed to put a corbin on a 1918 excelsior
                        thanks
                        Ron # 21975

Comment

HI Ron,
                          Yes, I have all the parts.
                          The are many way to make a set look? New or old ? Nickel or black.
                          Text me at marsh1915hd@msn.com or call 541 882 2613 or cell 541 591 5509

Comment

Sorry for the detour but I was hoping to get Terry's qualified opinion of this Jones speedo head. Was the Jones ever used on motorcycles? And, do you have the cables and mounts for such a head? I got this many years ago at Davenport for next to nothing and it's looked good my old glass cabinet. Thanks.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

HI Eric,
                              Yes they used Jones speedometer's on bikes. They were front wheel drives and only in business for a few years. Mostly for 1908 to 1912. Corbin put them out of business.I have owned a few but there are NO parts for them. No cables, no mounts, no drives. I have made adapters to use Corbin cables with them. Yours has 187 miles on it, like new. The front wheel drive set up didn't work very good. Corbin stopped using it early on. With the wheel going up and down it was hard to get it to work.
                              There was a reason you bought it cheap and it has a good home in the cabinet leave it there. Or put in on a bike that i not going to be used. LOL

Comment

Thank you Terry. Great information, and I knew you were the person who would know.
                                Eric Smith
                                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                                X