New member from Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Washington

Hi all, I'm Jordan from Vashon, WA. I'm hunting for my first antique motorcycle and I've been wanting to join for a while so I finally did; also joined my local chapter so I'm looking forward to connecting with them as well.

Welcome Jordan!

Comment

If that's the Evergreen Chapter, they're holding their National road run in Colville, Washington this coming week. I'm loading the trailer right now. If your in the area stop in and say hi and see what it's all about. Welcome aboard!
      DrSprocket

Comment

Hi Jordan, welcome and good luck on your hunt. Have you ever observed or participated in the "Isle of Vashon" event?
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Welcome and hope you find your dream bike
          AMCA #41287
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
            Hi Jordan, welcome and good luck on your hunt. Have you ever observed or participated in the "Isle of Vashon" event?
            Yes I have, it was held this past weekend in fact. It was a great time as usual. There's also a smaller scale gathering every June here called the Tiddler Tour where we break out the vintage bikes that are smaller than 250cc.

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
              If that's the Evergreen Chapter, they're holding their National road run in Colville, Washington this coming week. I'm loading the trailer right now. If your in the area stop in and say hi and see what it's all about. Welcome aboard!
              Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Welcome Jordan! What kind of bike are you wanting?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  Welcome Jordan! What kind of bike are you wanting?
                  Thanks Ryan! I like both Indians and Harleys from the 30's and 40's. If I found the right Chief, Scout, UL, or WL for sale I'd buy it. I'd prefer something original and crusty instead of a shiny beautiful bike that might not be put together correctly and that I'd be afraid to scratch.

I thought a WL would be a good starting point but the prices on those have been creeping way up, so I've started to focus more on the bigger flathead twins. One of the reasons I joined the AMCA was to talk to people who had experience with Chiefs and flathead Harleys to find out if one is simpler than the other or if there are spare parts availability issues with either, etc.

Comment

Welcome Jordan!

My current dream bike would be a Honda Dream,...

But my wife would take it over.

.....Cotten
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hello Jordan. Welcome to the AMCA.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Jordan,
                        Sent u a pm regarding my 1946WL
                        Ed
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanSpreader View Post

Thanks Ryan! I like both Indians and Harleys from the 30's and 40's. If I found the right Chief, Scout, UL, or WL for sale I'd buy it. I'd prefer something original and crusty instead of a shiny beautiful bike that might not be put together correctly and that I'd be afraid to scratch.

I thought a WL would be a good starting point but the prices on those have been creeping way up, so I've started to focus more on the bigger flathead twins. One of the reasons I joined the AMCA was to talk to people who had experience with Chiefs and flathead Harleys to find out if one is simpler than the other or if there are spare parts availability issues with either, etc.
                          Hi Jordan, welcome to the Forum. This is a simple proposition with a simple solution, buy one of each! :-)

Enjoy the hunt and best of luck with whatever you choose. All kidding aside, one is never enough I think most would tell you here.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X