No announcement yet.

New member in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the UL: I have been tracking down the fuel problems and much thanks to Cotton for his help on this. Using one of Cotton's test plates a pressure test showed multiple leaks including those from the nipples and rivets. I don't have any machinist tools nor engine rebuilding tools (or skills and knowledge) so I am debating trying to fix this myself or farm it out to a shop. My local Harley shop said they can do this type of repair and also recommended a local shop Thunder Bay Custom Cycles that does work on vintage bikes.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Awesome UL. Sure would like to hear it run, nothing like a flattie!
      I'd go with the shop with the most experience on old iron. If the dealer recommended a shop , that might say something...I'd check 'em out.
      Last edited by Ytcoinshooter; 08-04-2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

If you are anywhere near Bradenton, there is a shop that does a lot of older bike work. I'm sure he can help you.

Comment

Although doing it yourself can be a daunting but rewarding journey, Steve,...

A lack of tooling, machinery, and other resources means you will need professional help.

Just look them in the eye and ask if they bubble-test.

If they look like a deer in the headlights, or start to bluster,.... Move on!

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thank you all for the replies.

PanheadFred1: Do you know the name of the shop you mentioned?

Cotton: Thank you for the good advice. I will bring up the bubble test to the shop(s) as well as show the photos.

Steve

Comment

Welcome SW48 nice ride, love the Panhead’s. I have to say, this has got to be the best welcome thread I’ve seen. Fantastic advice on trailer tires. Watch those date codes and beware after 5 years!

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X