No announcement yet.

vote here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the mission of the AMCA is to foster the future of vintage motorcycling, shouldn't it support dedicated vendor's needs as well as the next enthusiast off the street?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton and all vendors
      as far as I am concerned, if you have a problem with a customer and nothing seems to work for you. then contact the consumer affiars director(listed in mag) he will attempt to get both parties together to settle the problem. if the customer refuses all attempts to fix it, then the vendor should tell the other vendors about the customer. use this section(Vendors Rated), and as long as it stays civil I will leave it for all to see
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Kevin ... as always, the voice of reason. Thanks for staying involved ... I know it takes a lot of time and patience.
        Vic Ephrem
        AMCA #2590

Comment

Originally posted by 40 Nuck View Post
          Kevin ... as always, the voice of reason. Thanks for staying involved ... I know it takes a lot of time and patience.
          Vic
          time is one thing, now that I am retired I am busier then ever. patience on the other hand is something that was hard learned, that is why I have to THINK 3 TIMES before putting it in print
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Kevin!

Your open perspective is greatly appreciated!

But I am at a loss, at this time, as to how to present a format that would honestly benefit vendors, or effectively reach those errant customers who probably only forgot to pay anyway.
            As I posted previously: "No such forum catagory would work without a lot of editing, moderating, and responsibility of all parties involved.
            This brave new cyberworld just isn't mature enough for that."

My own 'Stiffs List' is not significant;
            If other dedicated vendors do not wish to stand up for their own welfare, then they shall continue to be fair game while seasonal enthusiasts are sacred cows.

...Cotten
            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
              If the mission of the AMCA is to foster the future of vintage motorcycling, shouldn't it support dedicated vendor's needs as well as the next enthusiast off the street?

....Cotten
              Cotton!

Is what you're asking simply a forum to address deadbeat or difficult customers? If so, it seems like Kevin's response addressed that ... let me know if I'm wrong.

However, if there is some deeper "dedicated vendors' need", then I think this forum should consider reasonable and appropriate opportunities to support vendors as well. Like you or someone else alluded to earlier in the thread ... helping vendors helps us all.
              Vic Ephrem
              AMCA #2590

Comment

Vic!

Kevin showed an open attitude, and that is commendable.

My point is that if no other vendors are willing to stand up for their own welfare, then they shall always be a target for wankers and stiffs, without ever taking advantage of this valuable medium to advance the industry.

It shouldn't take a lot of brain cells to realize that the future of vintage motorcycling shall suffer if there is no balance.

...Cotten
                AMCA #776

Comment

Not sure what happened to the topic, keep the shovelhead forum for sure.
                  #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I agree - the shovelhead forum should stay......
                    Bill Pedalino
                    Huntington, New York
                    AMCA 6755

Comment

this thread was not intended to vote on the shovel forum, that misunderstanding happened because I could have worded it better. (please reread the first post) I supported the shovel forum and still do. the Issue I had was a problem with was a disagreement between a vendor and customer went public. then others joined in based on what they were reading. I feel that unless you have dealt with one or the other persons involved we should remain neutral until we have verifiable facts. I was commited to get this thread dropped as the whole world can read this (as I understand) this does not present our group in the manner that I am used to. now that kevin is involved and wants to keep this thread open I will support him and any decision he makes. this might be what it needs thanks kevin! anybody else mentions anything about dropping the shovel forum, kevin you better delete all my posts on this thread !!!!!!!

Comment

keep the shovelhead forum....sorry i couldn't resist.

Comment

IMHO, you can not close a thread because you fear misuse of it... We fight this with self-discipline.

If we close it, this would apply to the complete forum then. As an example, I could ask technical advice for my knuck, somebody could have given me a bad one despite his very best intention and caused me significant damage...

We can always improve communication quality without closing communication lines.

Do not get me wrong, please! Just an opinion... Keep it open!

And I add my second vote: having a 47F a 48FL and a 70FLH I would be more than pleased if you don't kill that lovely shovel thread! ;o)

Comment

this thread is over a year old and the shovelhead forum is not going to be closed
                            Jeff Bowles
                            Arkansas
                            Membership # 14023
                            1957 Sportster

Comment

Working...
                            X