KREEM Products.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KREEM Products.net

I have been using KREEM products for quite some time now. I HIGHLY recommend the fine folks at www.kreemproducts.net

They have a GREAT combo pack at a fantastic price as well as a "How To Video" on their home page.

Kudo's to Kreem...http://www.kreemproducts.net KREEM

Well I wish i could say the same ! All Ive seen of their product is heartbreak! When it curls up like bad milk and clogs everything! Never would use it never will! Sorry but thats the way I feel about the product!

Comment

If not Kreem then what?

I am looking into purchasing new tanks for a VL that I am working on .

I have used Kreem in the past with great results....and ........as Inline4 said also ended up with the curdled milk sindrome so...........

That Being said what would be a good choice that others have used for that application considering that the VL tanks are soldered I am not sure of any type of chemical reaction with any kind of tank sealer.

All coments welcome
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

If not Kreem then what?

I am looking into purchasing new tanks for a VL that I am working on .

I have used Kreem in the past with great results....and ........as Inline4 said also ended up with the curdled milk sindrome so...........

That Being said what would be a good choice that others have used for that application considering that the VL tanks are soldered I am not sure of any type of chemical reaction with any kind of tank sealer.

All coments welcome
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I've used POR-15 on a tank for a '50s BMW with no problems at all.
          --Darryl Richman
          Follow my 2012 Cannonball Blog!
          http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Comment

Thanks for your input Darrylri

I have only used kreem with mostly good results but I figure it doesn't hurt to seek information from others and what they do or don't use and why.
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I used Kreem in an old Sportster tand that wasn't leaking, I just wanted some rust protection. I used it according to directions and waited over a week before I used it. I put about a gallon of gas in it and after 6 months the Kreem was lifting. It looks like the additives they're putting in modern gas doesn't agree with it. Some guys think that if they keep their tanks full they won't have problems with rust but I'm not too sure about that. You can never get a tank 100% full. Harley has been using some kind of coating inside their tanks since at least the mid seventies but I don't know what it is. The Sportster tank had it though and it had deteriorated also but it did hold up for 25 years. Chuck, find out what your VL tanks will be made of. If they use terne plate you won't need to worry about rust. Terne plate is a lead/tin coating that is often used for steel gas tanks that are soldered together. It's almost like a pre-tinned steel that solders very easily. A terne coating should last a long time without any protection. I bought a new set of welded Indian tanks from Matt Blake. He reccomends coating the inside with the sealer that POR-15 sells. I've heard that's a good one but I'm going to try sealer that Caswell sells, it's a two part epoxy product. The way my project is moving it may be a while before I can report on the results.

Comment

I've also had my share of crap with Kreem but I also found out it was my own fault. If you do not leave the prep in long enough to clean it all out. It's going to lift. I now throw in a half a pint of nuts and agitate for an half an hour and then let it sit over night. Since I started the cleaning regiment I haven't had a lifting problem in tweanty years. It's a good product just got it's cork like anything else. Bob
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I now coat my tanks with nothing and have not had a problem!! Lets think about this, in the 30s and 40s and 50s and maybe the 60s and 70s where they coated from the factory???? So for better than 50+ years we didnt need coating ?why all of a sudden do we now???Ill spend my money on spare NOS parts,you guys want to buy some SNAKEOIL????? :)

Comment

Originally posted by INLINE4NUT View Post
                    I now coat my tanks with nothing and have not had a problem!! Lets think about this, in the 30s and 40s and 50s and maybe the 60s and 70s where they coated from the factory???? So for better than 50+ years we didnt need coating ?why all of a sudden do we now???Ill spend my money on spare NOS parts,you guys want to buy some SNAKEOIL????? :)

You're a lucky man, I've seen truckloads of rusty old gas tanks. Indian tanks were made from terne plate so yes, they were coated, with tin/lead. Auto gas tanks were also made from terne plate. It doesn't always last forever but it's much better than bare steel. Harley has been coating their tanks for well over 30 years now. It's nothing new but it can also break down. Matt Blake makes his tanks from bare steel and recommends they be coated. I'm not going to argue with the guy who makes the tanks. Maybe, though, there's just no such thing as a truly permanent coating.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojack View Post
                      You're a lucky man, I've seen truckloads of rusty old gas tanks. Indian tanks were made from terne plate so yes, they were coated, with tin/lead. Auto gas tanks were also made from terne plate. It doesn't always last forever but it's much better than bare steel. Harley has been coating their tanks for well over 30 years now. It's nothing new but it can also break down. Matt Blake makes his tanks from bare steel and recommends they be coated. I'm not going to argue with the guy who makes the tanks. Maybe, though, there's just no such thing as a truly permanent coating.
                      Kojack,

Is Matt Blake the guy that makes the VL tanks?
                      If not does anybody know who does and what there made of?

Inline....what brand of snake oil do you use? :)
                      Chuck
                      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                        Kojack,

Is Matt Blake the guy that makes the VL tanks?
                        If not does anybody know who does and what there made of?
                        Matt Blake is "Iron Horse Corral Indian Parts". http://www.theironhorsecorral.com/
                        I don't think he makes any Harley Parts. Unlike original Indian tanks his are welded together which is why he doesn't use terne plate. Welding would destroy the coating. I don't know who makes the VL tanks but I see that "VL Heaven" sells them.

Comment

I have used a product called "RED COAT" with great success. It's hard to find but a search on the internet will bring up their web site, lots of good information. I've had it in my '40 Chief tanks for about 7 years with no leaks or paint bubbles and these were really nasty tanks with lots of solder repairs.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

I think the red coat is a two part epoxy. My painter used it on my 65, and it is holding up fine. He used the same on a friend's 52, and after a while it just peeled off. It still seems that prep work is very important. But now that I have read the replyies on this, I must wonder, too, why even coat it? If it isn't rusted, and one does proper maintenance, why bother? I mean, is there a real world reason for the coatings now? Is it just so traditional that we don't even know why? Need an expert here.
                            Mike

Comment

Red Coat is a single stage product, no catalyst. The bikes I mess with all need tank coatings. I personally, have never had a soldered Indian, H-D, Henderson, Flying Merkel, or Excelsior tank that didn't leak without being treated. Harley Davidson tanks from '36 on are the only tanks I've had that are worry and leak free.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X