No announcement yet.

Classic Sidecar ,Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I went to the air port to pickup my sidecar the person there said it had not been released from customs and I had to get that done he gave me papers to take to customs office they said I had to hire a customs broker to handle the paper work they are an agency that is a go between from customs to transporter that was what my earlier comment was about the customs office job I don't know what they do but the broker looks up in a book and determines what you owe for taxes/duties depends on what you paid for it bear in mind I'm dealing in Chicago the corruption capital of the world so I'm not sure this is the way it is in whole country you will have to check into your area the broker charged me custom duties/fees $123.18 entry fee $155.00 and a customs bond $55.00 total $333.18 which goes to the government I guess so I take this paper work back to airport and had to pay them $55.00 to release and load the sidecar so all total the car cost $3200.00 shipping was $450.00 wiring money $100.00 all total from Poland to my garage it cost me approx. $4200.00 which I think is a great deal my suggestion to any one would be to contact a customs broker first Bob #4011

Comment

Working...
    X