Classic Sidecar ,Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Sidecar ,Poland

Has anyone had dealings with a Arthur Pechal @ Classic Sidecar. He is suppose to be reproducing the Goulding LS29 & Indian SC.

I have heard he does great work, a guy on another forum has one of his Goulding sidecars and it looks great. He said it took a little while to get it and it was exactly like the original. I am looking at the Indian one on his website and he should be done in a week or two with mine. If his work is as good as the pictures on his website I will be ecstatic! The picture from what I can see look great. Looking forward to getting mine.

Comment

Originally posted by john fretschl View Post
      Has anyone had dealings with a Arthur Pechal @ Classic Sidecar. He is suppose to be reproducing the Goulding LS29 & Indian SC.
      I just ordered a unit from Arthur I paid for it but have not heard from him yet but it has only been a couple days and it was over the week end

Comment

Which sidecar did you order? I have been in touch with him and I am waiting on mine to get finished! He takes a little bit to get back in touch with you but he does and updates you on the progress. I am waiting on the pics of mine before he sends it.

Comment

I had a left hand Goulding chassis and sidecar from Artur to fit to a 1932 Harley VL in the UK and it came out nicely. Email me at vlheaven at aol dot com if you'd like a picture.

Comment

classic side car

Originally posted by RonH View Post
            Which sidecar did you order? I have been in touch with him and I am waiting on mine to get finished! He takes a little bit to get back in touch with you but he does and updates you on the progress. I am waiting on the pics of mine before he sends it.
            I ordered type B ls29 lscr18 it has a door in it I've been trying to email you for days but my password would not work Gary from A.M.C.A. got it to work I'm not very good at computers since I last emailed Artur emailed me and said he was packing mine and would send it out on Monday the 3rd of April I just ordered it on 18th of September so that's pretty fast I'll email again when I get it in my hands Bob Mounce #4011

Comment

She is done and he is packing her up to come to the states to me!! Looks like he did a great job!
              IMG_0378[1].JPGIMG_0377[1].JPGIMG_0379[1].JPGIMG_0380[1].JPGIMG_0381[1].JPG

Comment

looks really good I'm no expert but it looks good to me I can't wait for mine

Comment

I would encourage anyone to share their story of how the entire transaction took place. I am not a worldly traveler and have no idea what it might or might not take to get something from Poland to the US. Are there duties or import fees/taxes that have to be paid? A write up on this might help people on both sides of the pond.

It would probably make a great article for the club magazine, since we have members all around the world. Keith Kizer or Bill Wood if you see this, what do you think?

I fall into the category of having interest in products outside of the US, but am reluctant to proceed with any transactions due to not knowing how the process may or may not work. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
                  AMCA #10930

Comment

I ordered mine on sept. 18th 2016 I heard from Artur a couple of days ago he took it to the airport and it went through customs he said his shipping agent will get in touch with me but I haven't heard anything yet but its only been a couple days I had planned on putting together a article to put on the forum once I have it in my hands and all has been paid I'm new on the forum but I've been in the club along time I'm not to good at computers I don't know if it's permiseble to discuss pricing on the forum but I'm o.k. with dicussing the whole process Bob Mounce #4011

Comment

Good idea Knotthed. I will start another thread on this purchase, shipment and how it all went. So far Artur seems like a nice guy and is making a nice product for a great price. I will be posting a lot on it including pictures.

Comment

just got back from picking up my sidecar at O'hare airport Chicago couldn't be happier Artur does great job very happy with it like Christmas morning not so happy with US customs but thats another story if any one has questions I'll try to help its late now I'll get to details another time Bob Mounce #4011

Comment

What did customs do? Just curious as to what they will try to do!

Comment

not so much what they did mostly my ignorance of the system which like most government agencies they expect you to know aren't very good at explaining what to do I have a new #1 job of getting paid to do nothing a customs agent all you do is stamp papers then you also have to hire a customs broker to actually do the paper work and pay the taxes and costs to release your sidecar

Comment

What do you mean a customs broker? Tax's and costs were about how much?

Comment

Working...
                              X