Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
    Cory
    Remember RF writes an article in the mag, Herb is compettion for RF. Sorry Red I too look forward to Herbs articles they really are the best. You better call Zippy.
    Joe
    No worries Joe,
    I was just giving Cory a bad time. There is no competition on the articles. Herb does a phenominal job of both writting and research. I'm just a general contracter; editing inputs from various experts and contributors.
    Still waiting for my copy though, RF.

Comment

Got mine in Sarasota, Florida today. The survey results look quite interesting.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I received my summer issue in Central Indiana today. Excellent articles by Herb Wagner and Bill Wood. It was not surprising to learn that only 12 % of the membership have cycles that are pre-1920. The low attendance of pre-1920 cycles at the meets has been the real indicator as well. Unfortunately, too many of the early cycles have found homes in the many motorcycle museums and high powered collections across the country.

Comment

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
          I received my summer issue in Central Indiana today. Excellent articles by Herb Wagner and Bill Wood. It was not surprising to learn that only 12 % of the membership have cycles that are pre-1920. The low attendance of pre-1920 cycles at the meets has been the real indicator as well. Unfortunately, too many of the early cycles have found homes in the many motorcycle museums and high powered collections across the country.
          You are so right. The very motorcycles that the founders of the AMCA tried to bring back to the awareness of history are now back in obscurity, (although like talbot-2 said, that obscurity is plush mansion, or climate controlled bunker). I sure hope that changes in the future.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

For those of you who haven’t received your copy yet, the “teaser” content that we offer to website visitors is now posted in the Sample the Magazine page.

We post selected stories each issue to show visitors what they would be receiving as members of the Club. The stories posted for this issue include (click to be taken right to them):

--The results of the AMCA membership survey

--President Richard Spagnolli’s column on the subject of the survey

--The Exhibit A story on a 1905 Yale California owned by Dale Walksler

Bill Wood

Comment

You called it right! Egg all over my face for sure, and of all places to screw up, an easy Harley question! Sorry about that. I inadvertently dropped in the wrong image (an Evo). I guess it's time for new glasses! It's a good thing I didn't quit my day job.

I'm stocking up on canned goods and will soon go into hiding. Don't expect to spot me at Rhinebeck as I will be in disguise.

On the flip side.... I'm glad someone is reading the quiz!

Originally posted by Matt McManus View Post
              I got mine today.

Did anyone look at the trivia quiz? The trivia quiz editor obviously doesnt know the difference between a shovelhead and an evo motor.....

just made me shake my head when I saw it.

Comment

Summer issue

Got mine in N.Texas yesterday(31st)Like Loyd my wife was testing me on the quiz and on #5 I knew the years and the nicknames but called 5c an '84 Evo. Missed #7. Its hard. All foreign bikes,but when the wife said I missed #5 I argued as I knew I was right. Even she said the picture was not a Shovel. We owned an '82 Shovel(FXR) for 13 yrs,then bought a 1996 Evo. Really enjoyed the quiz. Keep it up.

Steve
                Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
                TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                  Cory
                  Remember RF writes an article in the mag, Herb is compettion for RF. Sorry Red I too look forward to Herbs articles they really are the best. You better call Zippy.
                  Joe
                  Whoa! I guess I was a little slow on the draw last night!!! It's all so clear now!!!

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
                  No worries Joe,
                  I was just giving Cory a bad time. There is no competition on the articles. Herb does a phenominal job of both writting and research. I'm just a general contracter; editing inputs from various experts and contributors.
                  Still waiting for my copy though, RF.
                  Red Fred!!! I can't recall even once saying to myself " I shouldn't have wasted my time reading that!" So, I guess I enjoy your articles too....
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

I am in Hawaii and still waiting...and a Finland member got theirs already? Never got the member ship roster either...guess if you live in a grass shack someone thinks you don't havbe a calendar and can't read either......next messgae will be by coconut wireless.....

Comment

got mine in North NJ this morning 6/2!! have to go read it now
                      Last edited by kval; 06-02-2011, 10:29 PM.
                      Kevin Valentine 13
                      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Got mine today in SE Pa.
                        Ray
                        AMCA #7140

Comment

Got mine today (June 2) in Oregon, 100 miles south of Portland.
                          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Got mine today in Washington state.

Comment

got mine the 31st in se pa.
                              rob ronky #10507
                              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Finland got theirs but its still a no show in Los Angeles.
                                Be sure to visit;
                                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                                X