No announcement yet.

Summer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one catch the article about hardtail frames not being allowed to get registered for the road because of some political bafoon says that their not safe for the roads in New Brunswick?
    Oh I got my magazine a week ago..............
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Yeah, I caught it Chuck. It's a little freaky. I know they tried to go that route years back in B.C. but nothing came of it. At that time they were going after custom bikes.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
        Any one catch the article about hardtail frames not being allowed to get registered for the road because of some political bafoon says that their not safe for the roads in New Brunswick?
        Oh I got my magazine a week ago..............
        I have a copy of a recent Email from the New Brunswick Registrar of Motor Vehicles which states that any stock antique or classic motorcycle which was originally manufactured without any rear suspension can be registered and licensed in New Brunswick with only a letter of confirmation from a licensed motorcycle dealer that the bike was manufactured that way. Modified motorcycles, altered from the original specification with different frames, forks, wheels, etc., etc., require an engineer's inspection and approval.

The Triumph in question is a '76 engine/gearbox unit in a recently made aftermarket rigid frame. The '42 H-D mentioned, if it is an original bike such as a WLC, WLA or even an ELC, would not have to be examined by a "qualified engineer". That is required only for what we used to call "homebuilt" bikes.

AFJ

Comment

Still waiting in Los Angeles.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris,
            The last club magazine I received was the Spring 2010 issue but that is the least on my problems as after numerous trys on line to renew my membership I sent my details via snail mail about a month ago and have heard nothing.
            Numerous requests to Cornerstone for assistance on line resulted in no responses what-so-ever from them and as of today I don't know what the status of my membership is.
            Membership renewal used to be a piece of cake but since this outfit took over it's just a nightmare.
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Still waitin' in Hawaii. the mag will be an antique in it's own right by the time it gets here.

Comment

Still a no show here. I wonder who will get their mag first. Me or Hawaii?
                Be sure to visit;

Comment

Peter:

The records show your membership good through 6/30/2012, with your payment processed June 3.

Bill Wood

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    The threat of them walking off the job has got me choked!!! I've got (like I'm sure many folks do) stuff in the postal system that I'd like to get my hands on before it comes to a halt! That definitely includes the club mag, not to mention Panhead parts!!!
                    Got mine last week in the Toronto area.... I dont know if "High in the B.C. Rockies" is on the rotating strike list or not
                    BTW Cory, you could interpret your location in numerous ways I of course interpret it as being located up in the mountains as opposed to the valley's......
                    Regards;
                    Milrite
                    AMCA 17907

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                      Still a no show here. I wonder who will get their mag first. Me or Hawaii?
                      caN i put a two spot on hawaii??

aka HAWG
                      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                      1940 indian chief military
                      1965 sportster xlch
                      1969 sportster xlch bobber
                      1971 bsa A65 chopper
                      1969 harley ss350 sprint
                      1960 harley topper
                      1963 harley topper
                      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                      1959 harley model 165
                      1960 harley super 10
                      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
                        caN i put a two spot on hawaii??

aka HAWG
                        A two spot, Isn't that a toonie?
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
                          Got mine last week in the Toronto area.... I dont know if "High in the B.C. Rockies" is on the rotating strike list or not
                          BTW Cory, you could interpret your location in numerous ways I of course interpret it as being located up in the mountains as opposed to the valley's......
                          Ha! You would be correct on the "mountains" theory.... I guess I'm really more on top of a bench above the valley bottom as I'm not exactly perched on the mountain itself... I did get my magazine last week. I think I lucked out!!! Calgary and Edmonton walked off the job the other night.

Chuck, you'd be correct on the toonie theory. We haven't had a two dollar bill in quite some time. I tell you that when you have a pocket full you know it!!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Chris, the mag made it today, amazing if the mag made it to Hawaii before California. Who ever had that bet, collect.

Comment

As you surmise, still no magazine in Los Angeles.
                              Be sure to visit;

Comment

Magazine arrived today June 11, 2011.
                                Be sure to visit;

Comment

Working...
                                X