Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can access personal Information on this Forum ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kval View Post
    45OZ
    we now have a database of the current members, when you sign in the program will go to the database and verify that the LAST NAME is the right one for the membership number. if they do not match exactly you will not be able to log in. this is what I had been doing manually for new members for the past 2 years. if you want some protection do not put a location, zip code or first name, that will slow down anyone wanting to find where you live. hackers are not the primary reason for all of this, it is the dishonest person who would want to steal all or some of your toys.
    Guess what! I tried deleting my Zipcode and the program would not let me. So, I entered 00000. That worked! Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
      Guess what! I tried deleting my Zipcode and the program would not let me. So, I entered 00000. That worked! Duh!
      Just tried deleting my first name. Again, no luck! So, I entered "OOOOO". That worked! Duh!

Comment

I’ll say it again. This hobby is made up of like minded people in respect to our personal privacy. The club is asking the members to trust them with that privacy and promise to protect that privacy for us. The news media are full of stories about identity theft and its consequences everyday. I’m not convinced our motorcycle club is up to the task of protecting my privacy when my own bank has trouble doing it.

I have been a victim of identity thief years ago and personally know the expense and anger it creates. Its not paranoid if the thing your frightened of is real. And I.D. theft is very real gentlemen.
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

Even those who have edited their profile are not completely safe. Once data has been entered, that data remains hidden under the newly placed edited data. To many foolish people think the "delete" button does what it's wording reflects. "delete" "format" etc...only pull the data access from the user, not from the computer. Anything...and I do mean anything...entered on a keyboard, pages, pics, ect., received or send, via the internet, will remain forever on the hard drive of a computer. Any expert can recover what is hidden. Many hackers are experts ! I've pointed out before....When police storm a residence for legal purposes, they confinscate any and all computers from that residence. They do not confinscate with hopes of finding new data on the computer. They confinscate to uncover all data on those computers !

Comment

Working...
          X