No announcement yet.

Cannonball firing order 1-3-4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Tommo! It seems the spirit and ingenuity of Bert Monroe existed in others as well down under. I wonder if an overhead conversion would be allowed in the next Cannonball.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
      I wonder if an overhead conversion would be allowed in the next Cannonball.
      Barry
      If an overhead conversion is permitted, I think I will put a set of Desmo heads on the Ghost.
      Joe

Comment

No doubt you could do it!

Comment

Tommo, thanks for posting the pics of the overhead valve conversions. There is at least one example of these engines in the states. I saw it in the Pacific Northwest at a prominent 4 cylinder collector's place. Neither one of us knew what it was at the time or who did the conversion. It was in nice shape and the heads were painted black, so I would not have known about the bronze heads, we just knew it was a henderson bottom end. The bulk of all the conversions I've seen were done by the Heath company but there were some lesser known companies here also. In scanning through my Golden Age of Fours book, I also noticed the weird drillings that Pete Gagon mentioned in his Pierce crankshaft. There is a nice factory print of the Pierce engine that shows the oiling pattern. This may be of use to Pete. Hey SloJo, let's keep Dr. Fabio Taglione out of this. Both of us are bound by flat tappits or push rods on this side of the pond unless you choose to move to Schwinn or Cyclone and get some of those beautiful Hemi head overhead cam v twins involved. Then I might be able to forgo two cylinders.

4thcoast

Comment

Originally posted by 4thcoast View Post
            Hey SloJo, let's keep Dr. Fabio Taglione out of this.
            4thcoast
            Mark
            To late, the Gray Ghost has successfully ran some of the good doctors Desmo valve train parts in Cannonball I.
            Joe

Comment

Very cool Tommo, never seen anything like it. I bet it sounds awesome, would like to hear it roar by.

Comment

Tommo that is one awesome engine!! Thanks for posting it. I'm with you Tom, I'd love to hear that baby run!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Desmo Food

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                  Mark
                  To late, the Gray Ghost has successfully ran some of the good doctors Desmo valve train parts in Cannonball I.
                  Joe
                  I KNEW IT ! We should have gone to the Olive Garden That night.
                  Best,
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X