Caimag forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caimag forum

I tried to open the caimag forum today. Google reports it as an attack site. Does anyone know anything about that? Have aliens invaded while Buzz is Cannonballing?
    Ralph

Back from Cannonball with a sick Selma. Our IT guys are all over the www.caimag.com site and hope to be back up and running soon.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Sorry you had to come home to this. Hope it works out. ...bill in corvallis
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I am told the www.caimag.com site should be back up and running sometime Monday. Let's hope so.
        Buzz Kanter

Comment

My computer guru found a Java based exploit program on our computer. Don't know if that will help you. Let us know how your people deal with it? ...bill
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I'd like to apologize to everyone for the temporary shut down of this web site. Some dirtbag infected all our sites - caimag.com, aimag.com, roadbikemag.com and geaserag.com with a virus that shut us down.

I have no idea what motivates someone to be so angry, but there you have it.

I am told we have now set up the sites with stronger protection against future attacks.

Thanks for the patience and support.
            Buzz Kanter

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
              I have no idea what motivates someone to be so angry, but there you have it.
              I can think of one, Buzz ol' buddy ol' pal.

See how it feels when your Freedom of Speech gets stomped upon?

....Cotten
              Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, Inc.
              118 N. Washington St.

Lacon, IL 61540 USA
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Double DITTO Cotten !! Paps

Comment

Damm shame, it is!
                  Last edited by Robert Luland; 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM.
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

BUZZ- Congrats on your Cannonball accomplishments. I guess the Bike ran a little better than it did at Hebron? You did very very well. John P

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
                      I'd like to apologize to everyone for the temporary shut down of this web site. ............
                      How about an apology for all the headaches of getting our computers disinfected after picking up the Google re-direct Trojan Horse at CAIMAG? It snuck right past my hot-shot software, and required an extensive session with high-powered professional scan-and-removal software to get the thing deleted. I got it done--- luckily my son is a Best Buy Geek Squad agent, or I'd be looking at a couple hundred bucks.
                      And I don't believe "freedom of speech" has anything to do with it. Forums have .... (here it comes)... rules, which are posted for a reason. Pity some feel they are above such rules....

Comment

Rooster!

You are right that Buzz's disrespect for the First Amendment had nothing to do with it. (Unless you believe in Kharma.)

The bug was probably transferred by an unsuspecting third party, as that is how malicious software is written.

Either you subscribe to an expensive anti-bug updated software, or you accept the slow downloads and inscrutable jumbled format that obsolete CPU's display, as bugs are not written for old operating systems.

That's why I find "obsolete" to be a good thing!

Am I preaching to the choir, or is modernizing manditory?

....Cotten
                        AMCA #776
                        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

"... as bugs are not written for old operating systems." I hadn't thought of that. I feel a little better about our three year-old laptop now. ...bill in corvallis
                          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Heck you guys should put Metal Banded Wooden Wheels on your vehicles, as they do not go flat!
                            http://laughingindian.com/
                            http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
                            A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

My best guess is the the redirect code was placed into that forum via one of those non motorcycle related members on the long list of membership. I questioned a topic started on that forum over membership numbers posted. I took the time to look through the roster and I found hundreds of memberships unrelated to motorcycles. Clean out those members or the attack will happen again. Paps

Comment

Working...
                              X