Need Identification Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Identification Help!!!

This is an item that Ross wanted to get an I.D. on.... can any of you California folks help???

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks for posting the picture Cory. Picked this up in a frame with a nice 1916 Harley sales brochure along with a 1914 Manitoba motorcycle plate and an original photo of one Barry Brown posted with the Maroon Hockey team and their new excelsior motorcycles. The old fellow always thought this brass item was excelsior, but it looks more car like to me. Any of you Californians recognize this?
    Ross

Comment

Glad to help Ross. Sounds like you found some cool stuff!! That brochure is a great find but I bet that license plate is a little more on the rare side!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Looks to be the letters U, E, and X. But in what order?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Is it a U or is it only E over X. I'm not sure. This is an oddball as over 250 people have looked and no answer. Cory the 1916 Harley brochure is sweet. What I like is, it's stamped Morden Manitoba. Don't think there are any more of those around. We know there was a dealer there and there still is, Rudy Enns runs gaslight and he is an AMCA member and has an awesome panhead collection with flat and knuckleheads too. (all original paint)
          Ross

Comment

I'm guessing Chris is seeing a U on the outside border. I'm not sure what to think....

Very cool about the brochure Ross!! Thanks for the heads up on Gaslight!! Are these bikes on display to the public? If so it sounds as though a stop would be in order the next time I do a "cross-country"!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

I'm not plugging Rudy's dealership.... BUT... it it's worth a stop by anyone travelling our way. Rudy's 25 bikes, give or take are world class.
              Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                I'm not plugging Rudy's dealership.... BUT... it it's worth a stop by anyone travelling our way. Rudy's 25 bikes, give or take are world class.
                Rosster, didn't we stop there on Buffalo-hunt-91?

Comment

Back to that emblem, looks like some sort of Fraternal symbol to me, not like anything M/C or Automotive.
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                    Back to that emblem, looks like some sort of Fraternal symbol to me, not like anything M/C or Automotive.
                    Robbie
                    As I was reading the post, I was thinking it is some kind of Frat emblem as well.
                    Underdoggie
                    John Underwood
                    AMCA#14400
                    Central Illinois

Comment

Rudy at Gaslight also has a killer collection of thirties Fords, low mileage original paint etc. Cory , if you go to Davenport , Rudy is usually there buying only the best quality knuckle and pan stuff

Comment

Fraternity item. That's a thought. Sorry Phil , Rudy's shop wasn't on the 91 tour. Barry I didn't mention the Ford collection but it's amazing. Still hoping someone from the West coast knows what this thing is.
                        Ross

Comment

Looks like something you put in the ground next to a grave stone.

Comment

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but is this Gaslight place open daily to the public or just by appointment. Sounds really interesting and only a 400 mile ride from here. I'd sure like to check it out. Thanks! John Lindemann

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                              Rudy at Gaslight also has a killer collection of thirties Fords, low mileage original paint etc. Cory , if you go to Davenport , Rudy is usually there buying only the best quality knuckle and pan stuff
                              Davenport..... you know I haven't even bothered to get a passport yet.... I gotta get on that!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X