Wauseon 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input

Thanks to all of you that responded to my request for comments. Please, keep the ideas flowing. The traffic issue is one that will get much attention at committee meetings for 2011. I'll talk to the fairgrounds management about what is legal and allowed to deal with the dust situation.

By far, the #1 issues are kids on motor vehicles and dust. We, the committee, will work hard to find solutions that are fair and enforcable. I don't want to ruin anyones fun, but, I do want to have a meet that is safe and enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks to those that took advantage of the Vendors Cookout on Thursday evening. We'll do it again next year, pending sponsorship. If any company or indivdual would be interested in helping sponsor the cookout in 2011, please, contact committee member Billy Z at: billyzbikes@aol.com

Best regards, Fred
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

One of the many nice things about the AMCA meets in Davenport, Minneapolis, and Eustis is that all three have nice indoor facilities to display all of the motorcycles. The indoor display facilities feature around the clock security and protection for the priceless vehicles. "Rain or shine" the motorcycles can be viewed without concern for rain or dust. (Or kids crashing into the cycles.) Does the Wauseon meet have any similar options?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        We were left alone in the 70’s and even the 80’s
        Somewhere in the 90’s we were told to shut it down “it’s a family event”
        My kids always had something to ride…off to the side away from the crowd, and that’s what they remember about the meets.
        Now its my grandkids turn,
        What is a kid to do now? Sit in the sun for 2 or 3 days…leave them at home?
        Lets fig. Out a way for them to have fun with a motor, you’re only a kid once…then it sucks.
        Well said.
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Mid Ohio Rules & Facility Policies

FYI ....

Mid Ohio 2010 Rules & Facility Policies

To ensure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable visit to Mid-Ohio
          Sports Car Course, the following rules and regulations have been instituted for all events at the facility:
          Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course opens its gates at 7:00 am each day. All spectators must be off the premises by 7:00 pm Sunday evening.
          Please note that the North Gate is an advance ticket entrance only. To purchase tickets at the track, please use the main gate entrance located off Steam Corners Road.
          Please follow the signs and directions of the parking marshals.
          Speed limit is restricted to 20 mph in all areas of the track.
          No spectator bicycles permitted anywhere on Mid-Ohio property.
          No spectator unlicensed operators or personal dirt bikes, ATVs, mopeds, "off road" vehicles, minibikes, scooters, etc, are permitted on Mid-Ohio property.
          Personal golf carts (those not rented from Golf Car & Equipment) require a $100 vehicle pass, purchased separate for each event which pays for individual cart insurance, that must be displayed at all times. All golf carts must be operated by a licensed driver. No golf carts can be driven on spectator mounds.

Comment

Nice Rules

Mr. Smith,
            Those are very nice rules for Mid Ohio. Sadly, they are not enforced. I enjoyed Vintage Motorcycle Days, many nice people, lots of stuff to pick through and see. Due to the nature of the meet there are lots of dirt bikes, ATVs and all sorts of motorized contraptions and yes they run free and wild. I found myself dodging way too many vehicles and I might add the rental golf carts are a PITA as well. In fact I will say there were far more motorized vehicles to avoid than any other AMCA meet I have ever attended and most were breaking the rules. Rule are easy to come up with, but enforcing them is paramount.

Comment

Rules! Rule! Rules! Lets have more Rules and then we can get more people on board to enforce the Rules. Then we can create more rules from the experience of enforcing the rules! Then one day one gear head will look at another and say where is everybody? The other gear head will reply they didn’t come because of the RULES! In the end the people who like to make and enforce the rules would have won. They sanitized the meet out of existence. These are AMCA meets not a damm bake sale.
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                Rules! Rule! Rules! Lets have more Rules and then we can get more people on board to enforce the Rules. Then we can create more rules from the experience of enforcing the rules! Then one day one gear head will look at another and say where is everybody? The other gear head will reply they didn’t come because of the RULES! In the end the people who like to make and enforce the rules would have won. They sanitized the meet out of existence. These are AMCA meets not a damm bake sale.
                I tend to agree about rules. Plain old common sense and respect is all that is really needed.

Comment

Rules

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Shakespeare's Henry VI

Comment

rules - you make em, we break em. it's kool to expect responsibility and accountability, but please don't try to outlaw fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SooXXXzie View Post
                      "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Shakespeare's Henry VI
                      torture em a little first...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                        I don't think we need more rules. I'd be happy if the ones we have were respected (and if not, enforced)
                        Member# 7397

Comment

Fred--
                          I think that we should have beer fountains on every corner, or better yet about 25 feet from each porta-john so we wouldn't have to walk so far.
                          Since this is a family event, we could disguise them as parts washers.

John Prusnek
                          AMCA#2430

Comment

Originally posted by spajohn View Post
                            Fred--
                            I think that we should have beer fountains on every corner
                            John Prusnek
                            AMCA#2430
                            Sounds like Milwaukee.
                            Be sure to visit;
                            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by spajohn View Post
                              Fred--
                              I think that we should have beer fountains on every corner, or better yet about 25 feet from each porta-john so we wouldn't have to walk so far.
                              Since this is a family event, we could disguise them as parts washers.

John Prusnek
                              AMCA#2430
                              disguise the beer fountains or the porta-pots as parts washers?

Comment

Dear Fred,
                                How about a beer slushie machine?
                                Denise

Comment

Working...
                                X