Viking Chaper Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking Chaper Meet

I've been laying back waiting for someone else to do it, but it is not happening. A nice smaller meet is in St Paul, Mn the same weekend as Rienbeck. Nice fair ground with the best showers I has seen at an AMCA meet. They put on the beat bike show I have seen short of Rienbeck. The club does a very good job of putting this meet on. Planning on going and hope to see some of you there.
    Jim

I have good memories of every Viking Chapter meet I've ever gone to......nice people, nice countryside, good deals on parts!

Unfortunately we're racing at Road America this year on that weekend, so we'll miss you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by fabercycle View Post
      I have good memories of every Viking Chapter meet I've ever gone to......nice people, nice countryside, good deals on parts!

Unfortunately we're racing at Road America this year on that weekend, so we'll miss you guys.
      Thanks for helping plug it.
      Good luck racing.
      Jim

Comment

I'll be heading down from Canada for the Viking meet. Been to the last 2 out of 3 and always enjoy myself. Known some of those folks for many moons and it's a lot of fun.
        Ross

Comment

I always loved the Farmington meet, rain or shine. I think they took StPaul for the big indoors to beat the rain, but the vending suffered from the move imo. Nonetheless, I and the grandsons will be there with bells on.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Mast View Post
            I always loved the Farmington meet, rain or shine. I think they took StPaul for the big indoors to beat the rain, but the vending suffered from the move imo. Nonetheless, I and the grandsons will be there with bells on.
            The 1st meet in St Paul made it look to me like it would grow, but the next year and since it has been on the same week end as Rienbeck so people further East probably head East for a bigger meet.
            It's to bad they can't have them on different week ends, but I understand that both clubs have to use the fair grounds when they can get them.
            The Omaha Chapter has the same problem being scheduled with Eustis, but they can only get the place they use that weekend.
            Jim

Comment

Jim,

Having vended at both meets, and being located between the two, next chance I get to choose between the 2 it's the Viking meet all the way.

Tom

Comment

I quit going to the Viking Chapter meets when they moved to downtown St. Paul. The Farmington meets had a flavor that was irreplaceable. However, I will be in attendance at St. Paul this year to display and help Russ Peterson vend his Right Side Electric Start for HD 4-speeds. I still say riding an old bike in urban traffic sucks the bag !
                John K. Endrizzi
                Membership # 2926

Comment

Originally posted by jke View Post
                  I quit going to the Viking Chapter meets when they moved to downtown St. Paul. The Farmington meets had a flavor that was irreplaceable. However, I will be in attendance at St. Paul this year to display and help Russ Peterson vend his Right Side Electric Start for HD 4-speeds. I still say riding an old bike in urban traffic sucks the bag !
                  John K. Endrizzi

I'm with you on this on jke. I stopped going when they moved downtown and really haven't felt the need to battle the traffic to check it out. I really miss Farmington!

20scout

Comment

John K. Endrizzi
                    I have run in to the meet in morning rush hour traffic. I guess some people can't drive. I didn't think it was a bid deal.
                    Jim

Comment

John K. Endrizzi
                      I also liked the Farmington area better, but I have no problem with the traffic at St Paul.
                      Jim

Comment

John K. Endrizzi
                        Looking forward to seeing the starter 1st hand and meeting Russ in person.
                        Tell him I said hi
                        Jim from Omaha

Comment

Help for Viking Meet

If you know members of this Chapter point them to this thread. This could grow to a great venue with some help promoting it by their club members. These guys are layed back.
                          Jim

Comment

Made in Minnesota Motorcycles

According to the Viking Chapter AMCA website, this year the Viking Chapter is featuring the motorcycles that were made in Minnesota. i.e., Wagner, Cyclone, Minneapolis, Michaelson, Eagle, Theim, and the modern Polaris.

Sounds like a great opportunity to view some really "old" "antique" "vintage" motorcycles.

Check it out at www.vikingmc.org.

Comment

Can someone please take some photos and post them of this event? It sounds like a pretty impressive lineup!!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X