No announcement yet.

Viking Chaper Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone looking for a motor for a new project, stop by and see me. I will have a 38 EL, 39 UL & 63 Pan & 73 Shovel along. All have titles. I will also have an assorment of frames with me.
    Jim

Comment

Hey Phil and old friends. I won't be able to leave tomorrow for the Viking chapter meet as the work schedule didn't shrink enough. Maybe I should have retired at 55 like all the rest of the smart people. Enjoy the meet, I know I always have.
      Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
        Hey Phil and old friends. I won't be able to leave tomorrow for the Viking chapter meet as the work schedule didn't shrink enough. Maybe I should have retired at 55 like all the rest of the smart people. Enjoy the meet, I know I always have.
        Darn it Rooster! I was hoping to steal things from you, for a fair price, of course!
        Wish I were qualified to advise you on how to steal from yourself, such as playing while paying-work would have produced more play-dough. tough call!

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Mast View Post
          Darn it Rooster! I was hoping to steal things from you, for a fair price, of course!
          Wish I were qualified to advise you on how to steal from yourself, such as playing while paying-work would have produced more play-dough. tough call!
          meant to ask, will Siggi be there?
          btw, I'll be the clown with 2 young passengers in the field events, if plans come about. .. you could have had a laugh, eh?

Comment

For the record. Siggi is battling cancer. The tumor was removed this week. He demanded his Doctor perform the surgery to allow enough recovery time for Davenport. We're splitting a room there. Have fun Phil and we'll see you downthe road.
            Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
              For the record. Siggi is battling cancer. The tumor was removed this week. He demanded his Doctor perform the surgery to allow enough recovery time for Davenport. We're splitting a room there. Have fun Phil and we'll see you downthe road.
              I hope he's going to be O.K. Ross and that you two get to Iowa this fall...
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Here's some pics courtesy of Ken....

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Ross, you left me stunned with the Siggi report, sorry for you and all of us. Hope you fellas make Davenport, see you there!

Farm--, I mean St Paul Viking meet was anemic by earlier standards of number of vendors, but I was thrilled to be there, and enjoyed myself just the same. Rained out the field games and the old bike ride, which disappointed my young passengers, rained out some shopping, but a lot must be said for the display hall. We saw Thiem, Mpls, Wagner, and a host of Brit bikes, the walls (in a building 180' x 140' ?) covered with adv and other literature. Special for me was a first-time touch (fondle, actually!) of a Cyclone motor; I'd only seen pix before yesterday. Now I feel like I know that motor inside and out (not).

and I bought scout parts!

and we slept in a tent, like rocks! and I didn't get lost chasing coffee at 5:30 am (can't believe I forgot the coffee pot). ........ and the toilet paper? I think it was Charmin!

Comment

Anyone get a photo of the Cyclone motor?
                    Chuck
                    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                      Anyone get a photo of the Cyclone motor?
                      I did not take a camera, but wish to comment. It was Bob Chantland's, and he pointed out little peculiarities, such as the spherical bearings in the bevel drive shafts, the machine-work details. I noted the very small cam lobes, and minute attachments of cam shaft housing body to the heads, and spindly little rocker and yoke parts. Seems all of those top end parts were about half as large as they needed to be. No forced oil to top end either. .. intake manifold was copper. Literature showed flat-top pistons, but.....?

Comment

Viking meet

More photo's coming,just need to send to Cory to get posted.
                        Ken Stopar
                        Ken S., # 6457
                        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Here's a whole bunch for your viewing pleasure.... thanks Ken!!

Dig the Wagner.....

Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

What's the deal on this bike? Pretty cool...

Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X