No announcement yet.

We just lost a Made in USA motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in 82 I bought a three year old Ford half ton that had noisy transmission bearings. Took it apart and found out the tranny was made in you guessed it MEXICO. so if you think it is just NAFTA to blame it is a tad more complicated .
    Many of us in Canada feel we got screwed big time by NAFTA ( I know we did) as we gave away our natural gas and oil at fire sale prices not to mention how we got screwed on the softwood lumber debacle.

Comment

how can you get screwed with soft wood?
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
        how can you get screwed with soft wood?
        LOL....that was classic.

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
          being canadian nafta helps the americans out by being able to purchase canadian products at a lower cost to sell to you americans at an inflated cost ( still lower than in canada )
          sorry but last time i checked couldn't buy a canadian motorcycle, car, tire or even a fXXXing bicycle, plenty of American Cars, Tires etc. being made in Canada that used to be made here in my area Cleveland-Akron, so who's helping who? my people are hurting, and NAFTA is one of the main reasons, some help.

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
            being canadian nafta helps the americans out by being able to purchase canadian products at a lower cost to sell to you americans at an inflated cost ( still lower than in canada ) gas is produced in the town I live in, I see american trucks hauling across the boarder to sell to you americans, I also see canadians crossing to buy our gas back because it is cheaper

aka HAWG
            That is because your Canadian fuel taxes are so high. You have to pay for the "free" sub-par health care and other entitlements somehow. We will be feeling your pain very soon with the idiot that promised us change. He sure can give good speeches, though.

Comment

George HW Bush signed the treaty. Then the Democratic congress concocted a bill and passed it, and sent it to Bill Clinton. He signed it into law. Everyone of those guys overlooked what it would do to the American worker, which amazes me, since the labor unions continue to pack the wallets of the Dems. Don't get me wrong, all of the above should be accountable, including Bush 1, and should be tried for treason.

Here is a good link on how we got screwed: http://useconomy.about.com/od/tradep...A_Problems.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sludge View Post
                sorry but last time i checked couldn't buy a canadian motorcycle, car, tire or even a fXXXing bicycle, plenty of American Cars, Tires etc. being made in Canada that used to be made here in my area Cleveland-Akron, so who's helping who? my people are hurting, and NAFTA is one of the main reasons, some help.
                You most certainly can buy a Canadian bicycle there have been zillions made........ NAFTA is a real sore spot on both sides of the border. It's one of the crappiest deals ever signed. There are plenty of auto workers sitting at home jobless north of the border and the softwood debacle that Barry referred to is real "close to home" to me. It cost my father and my brother their jobs as well as thousands of other forestry workers in B.C. I feel for the folks hurting down south but don't think we aren't hurting up here either...

silentgreyfellow... you are most certainly correct! Our government gouges us on the fuel tax........it's sitting around 38%!!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

i didn't mean to be anti Canada Cory, i do understand there's more than one area/country suffering. the only people benefiting are the third world and the very elite politicians and corporate types. i don't want the US or Canada to end up like mexico, it's just so damn frustrating and to hear of another US Company Polaris in this case head out just burns me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil74 View Post
                    Clinton started it rolling, remember the squirrelly guy Perot warning us at the debates Canada seems to be helping ship a lot of the Chinese garbage here while our manufacturers are going under.
                    I can't recall Ross Perot's exact words ,but is was something like "The giant sucking sound you hear is all our jobs going to Mexico".

Comment

Originally posted by sludge View Post
                      i didn't mean to be anti Canada Cory, i do understand there's more than one area/country suffering. the only people benefiting are the third world and the very elite politicians and corporate types. i don't want the US or Canada to end up like mexico, it's just so damn frustrating and to hear of another US Company Polaris in this case head out just burns me up.
                      No worries bud... believe me I understand your frustration and I really hope for everybody's benefit that there's some light at the end of the tunnel.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
                        That is because your Canadian fuel taxes are so high. You have to pay for the "free" sub-par health care and other entitlements somehow. We will be feeling your pain very soon with the idiot that promised us change. He sure can give good speeches, though.
                        Oh he can give good speeches alright that is as long as his tele-prompter doesn't break down face it people we ALL are getting screwed no matter what side of the border you live on
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

People North of our boarder are not the problem and I welcome most anything from Canada!For the most part they speak our English and the ones that dont speak french which isnt a problem ! the REAL PROBLEM is CHINA ! Ever notice where ever there is a WAR we are there,where is CHINA ??? Never fighting and when they do there is no fooling around just results !!!! Its time for us to produce our own once again our problem is we are to dependent on everyone else !!! We are to blame for the mess we are in and it all revolves around GREED nuff said

Comment

how this for a screwing this weekend at the SANTA MARIA CATHEDRAL in TRENTON NJ 1000's of guatemalains will line up to get guatemalain driver licenses and passports. yes they bring the machine to trenton take your photo and make your valid license or passport.if either is exspired pay a little more and it's good again no test required for nolicensed folks just pay. see this group of people cant go home and back to the us. because they are here illegally
                            rob ronky #10507
                            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
                              George HW Bush signed the treaty. Then the Democratic congress concocted a bill and passed it, and sent it to Bill Clinton. He signed it into law. Everyone of those guys overlooked what it would do to the American worker, which amazes me, since the labor unions continue to pack the wallets of the Dems. Don't get me wrong, all of the above should be accountable, including Bush 1, and should be tried for treason.

Here is a good link on how we got screwed: http://useconomy.about.com/od/tradep...A_Problems.htm
                              Bill Clinton also signed the most favored nation trading statue for the Chinese. But you must remember that Richard Nixon was a fulcrum for making that possible. He was busy in the sixties working on Chinese USA relations in order to tap into cheap abundant labor. Both partied are culpable for the demise of our country's strengths. We must dismiss them all and move on to a new honest bunch of people not politicians,,, if they exist. ALWAYS VOTE OUT THE INCOMBENT unless it is perfectly crystal clear, obvious in his or her actions that they are for individual rights, interest and property rights, privacy and the protection of our nation. Group right ,Blacks, whites, hispanic, etc is how they devide and concure us all. Janice was right freeedom is having nothing left to give, she ment nothing left for them to take.
                              Joe

Comment

Democratic or Republican....it is the infiltration of the Progressives into both which are doing the screwing to all. They are not only screwing US citizens, they are planted in every nation doing the same. I initiallly summed it up with the end result [ 666 ]. If you really want to know how they worked their magic here in the states, tune in to Glen Beck for the history of how. Don't take Beck's word for it though. Do the research for yourself. By the way, the whole present US administration is Progressives. And....John McCain is one as well. Ignorance of the facts are our downfall. The media is gov controlled so you won't get any facts there. Do the research yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X