We just lost a Made in USA motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete Gagan View Post
    This is likely my last post. I assume you are all wearing Florshiem shoes while you are typing your messages on your American computers. (I do have a sense of humor, by the way.) Like it or not, the Chinese products are getting better, like the Japanese ones before. Buying an old Bridgeport made by guys that are either retired or dead wouldn't help todays American workers anymore than buying an old BSA would bring back the British motorcycle industry. I am unaware of any machine tools built in Canada, so the Canadian workers are out of luck as well, unfortunately.
    Pete
    nope, i'm wearin Red Wing boots Made in the USA, the computer is at least from an American company although yeah it sucks that it wasn't made here. You are correct, buying an old Bridgeport won't help today's American or Canadian workers, but buying china's junk will definately hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Britluv View Post
      The problem is that the accountant "bean counters" know how to save money on the short-term basis, at the cost of the long-term health of the company. Qurarterly financial reports look good...right up until bankruptcy.

Accountants are like morticians: they can make a corpse look "alive," but it's still a corpse. If nothing is made in America, where are the jobs, where are the paychecks? What they forget is that no matter how cheap the product is, if no one has a job, no one can buy it.
      Spoken superbly !

The wisdom from the replies, on this topic page, is astounding ! And so true !!

Comment

Uh, does anyone know where we can find the thread locker?
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Pete Gagan;96535]I managed to get on with everyone quite well while I was president of the club, and was never once called to task for being a Canadian president of a predominately American club. I think it is because I have always made it a personal policy to keep politics and religion away from the hobby. I suggest we all do the same. This is a motorcycle club, not a political club. We have more than enough discussion about judging and who should run the club without involving Obama, NAFTA, and China. As for me I am heading out to the garage to make some improved brakes for my Cannonball Run 1914 Zenith using my excellent and affordable Chinese machine looks as if life is like a jar of hot peppers open it today and burns your arse tomorow
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

OK, so after all that venting what the hay happened to Polaris? are they really in drug cartel hell ?

Comment

Originally posted by MJW View Post
              Any Senator that voted for NAFTA should be hung for treason, why is our government selling us out? I hate to be cynical but we need a revolution....
              Amen brother,I'm right there with you.

Comment

I know it sounds impossible but try to only buy made in USA, or mostly at least. Start with the food you eat. I have likely stated this before. I only buy food that grows here, why buy junk that is picked weeks or months ago when it is not even close to ripe. Just look when you go to the store.
                For cars I am even fine with a Toyota or Honda as long as made here. If you want to know check the VIN# it will always start with a 1 for USA, or a 2 for Canada, j for ***an, K for Korea.

I notice now in stores that they make a point of putting up signs that state " made in the USA" or "grown in the USA" so I think it is catching on more.

We then move on to other items until we get control of this mess. It may cost a little more but we have to support our own goods or we are doomed.
                #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

If anyone wants to kinda understand things, there's a great book, Mollie's Job by William Adler. It follows Mollie James, a real woman from Paterson, NJ, her first job at a Universal Ballast Co in Paterson in the 50's. Then the Company was enticed (?), (tax breaks, low interest loans, etc) to move operations to Mississippi in the 80's. Then in the 90's the same Co was enticed to Northern Mexico. Now, that Co is moving again to Southern Mexico. There's a lot involved, Unions, housing costs, regulations, labor costs, property taxes, etc. A hard read, but you get e better understanding of "why". The winners(?) are the consumers, and the cheap toys, tools and all we want!

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to sign the above post.
                    Bob Courboin, Beard Machine Co. NJ

Comment

Alive

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
                      Sorry, I forgot to sign the above post.
                      Bob Courboin, Beard Machine Co. NJ
                      It would appear those Minnesota boys dont realy care what some forum jockeys think. Man have i been wanting to reply to this thread for a long time. Check out the Indian website boys. By the way the Great folks at corporate Indian put on the banquet at spirit lake as well as provided the Vision Mike L. Rode all the way backwards across the good old USA for the Cannonballers. This is your grandfathers fight boys the good old days are here again.
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by 4thcoast View Post
                        It would appear those Minnesota boys dont realy care what some forum jockeys think. Man have i been wanting to reply to this thread for a long time. Check out the Indian website boys. By the way the Great folks at corporate Indian put on the banquet at spirit lake as well as provided the Vision Mike L. Rode all the way backwards across the good old USA for the Cannonballers. This is your grandfathers fight boys the good old days are here again.
                        Mark
                        I missed the news, 4thcoast, gotta link?

Comment

Alive

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                          I missed the news, 4thcoast, gotta link?
                          yes,

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...=IND-camp-home

Comment

Working...
                          X