• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew! I guess that settles that!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
      Whew! I guess that settles that!
      Come on now Barry.....you really didn't think that...or did you?
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by droptopford View Post
        Get rid of the magazine?...No Way! If anything they should add a centerfold. Ohhh Yeahhh.....
        I think the median age in the AMCA is 50. Personally, I don't want to see 50 year old centerfolds; regardless of how good looking she was in 1978. . . . Oh, you're talking about motorcycles. . . Well that's okay then.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          I think the median age in the AMCA is 50. Personally, I don't want to see 50 year old centerfolds; regardless of how good looking she was in 1978. . . . Oh, you're talking about motorcycles. . . Well that's okay then.
          I guess you haven't seen what a 70 year old Raquel Welsh looks like.
          http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3571815936/nm0000079
          Last edited by Chris Haynes; 05-19-2010, 02:43 PM.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Barry!

I want to apologize for the sarcasm of my previous reply, as someday your suggestion will become timely.

But in the meantime, please remember that many advertisers depend upon the long life of hardcopy.

Not me of course.
            (Advertising would ruin my business.)

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

You're out in her part of the world Chris; see if Raquel wants to join the AMCA.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I guess you haven't seen what a 70 year old Raquel Welsh looks like.
                A serious example of over-restoration liberally sprinkled with reproduction parts. No winners circle there!
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                  A serious example of over-restoration liberally sprinkled with reproduction parts. No winners circle there!
                  Robbie
                  Robbie!

With all due respect, I saw a few seconds of her on the boob tube (pitiful pun, sorry) recently, and I am still impressed.

But please remember that she was repeatedly "period-modified", and that makes her un-judge-able by any objective criteria.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
                  and historic machines must be judged objectively.

That may be impossible for this organization under present precedents.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

OK I'll come clean, I have probably more magazines than all of you combined, I just moved 12,000 to the barn. In 1967 at age 16 I hitch hiked to California and when in LA went to Clymers to buy books on old motorcycles ( the only place in the world I knew I could buy them) and then to Cycle World magazine offices where I bought the missing back issues for my Cycle World collection. Sick or what!!
                    In those years i had a great poster of Bridgit Bardot with a Harley 45 chopper. Unfortunately today she is not as well pickled or airbrushed as Racquel.

Comment

I'd pay double for twice as many issues.
                      The forum is lacking in several areas, most acutely in the lack of participation in the wants and for sales, NOT TO MENTION TRADE! .. probably stay that way until we get more players trained to use it. may take time.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                        OK I'll come clean, I have probably more magazines than all of you combined, I just moved 12,000 to the barn. In 1967 at age 16 I hitch hiked to California and when in LA went to Clymers to buy books on old motorcycles ( the only place in the world I knew I could buy them) and then to Cycle World magazine offices where I bought the missing back issues for my Cycle World collection. Sick or what!!
                        In those years i had a great poster of Bridgit Bardot with a Harley 45 chopper. Unfortunately today she is not as well pickled or airbrushed as Racquel.
                        "Bridgit"?

Thank goodness you didn't mean "Gidget".

...Cotten
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-19-2010, 05:46 PM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                        X