Southern National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern National Meet

This week end is the first annual Southern National Meet in Denton, NC. The Southern Coalition of AMCA chapters have strived to make this meet one of the best. So come on over and enjoy what antique meets are supposed to be about, swapping, riding, relaxing. Please leave your politics and petitions at home and come enjoy the meet at one of the most unique venues you will ever see.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

louie
    would love to make it but tring to save to go to the cannonball run start date and visit reletives in florence sc this september

wish you good weather and a great time

aka HAWG
    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
    1940 indian chief military
    1965 sportster xlch
    1969 sportster xlch bobber
    1971 bsa A65 chopper
    1969 harley ss350 sprint
    1960 harley topper
    1963 harley topper
    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
    1959 harley model 165
    1960 harley super 10
    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

At the gate..........
      Attached Files
      Louie
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie
        Can't wait. Looks as if the weather is going to be great. I'll be towing the AMCA Promotiomal Trailer down form Ohio. Anyone that posts on this forum is invited to stop by and introduce yourself.
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

hogchild71 ???

Is that you Fred?
          Louie
          YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

This is the place.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

That's me, Fred Davis from Wakeman, Ohio.
              Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Arial photo

Chris:

Great shot from Google Earth, shows the layout quite well. The large and long flat area will be for the vendors. Louie did a great job of laying them out. The camping area is in the trees in the shade, much appreciated I feel sure. Bob Aton has put out the signs today. Wanda and I are leaving in the morning. We should get there in time to assist with the marking of the vendor spots. Danny Coffey is the vendor registration guy, if you want to go but have waited until the last minute to decide to come, we will have spots available.

The great thing (one of the great things) about this meet is that, being new, guys have used that as an opportunity to set up near their friends.

Hope to see you guys there. Look for me, I'll be the guy with the grey hair and blue jeans with an antique motorcycle.
                Last edited by Lonnie; 05-11-2010, 09:03 PM.
                Lonnie Campbell #9908
                South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

I have my Camping space paid for and my Vendor space paid for although I dont know if I will be selling anything, I feel that it is important to support the chapters involved in bringing us this meet. Denton Farm Park is a great location to have a meet like this. I have been an exibitor there at the Threshers Reunion, July 4th week for over 25 years and really enjoy it. Plenty of room for exibits, vendors and camping in a wooded area out of the sun, most with water and electric. Good restrooms with showers thru out the park. Several good restaurants in Denton, I recomend the "Classic Family Restaurant" a home style country Buffet, I think only Friday and Sat eve. There is a Bojangles Chicken, one grocery store and a convience store and a bait shop/country store. During the 4th of July, there are lots of fair type food vendors ath the Farm Park, dont know the plans for food vendors this weekend but I spoke with the Farm Park yesterday and they told me several churches will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lets all support the local chapters to make this one of the best events on the AMCA schedule.

Comment

Good Luck with the Meet!

From one Coalition to another, I hope you enjoy good weather and a strong turn out for your meet. The site looks great in the aerial shot. I can't make it down this year, but plan on it for the future.
                    Dan Margolien
                    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                    Www.yankeechapter.org
                    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

leaving today for the meet from nj .... wonder if anyone else we'll be riding in on there old motorsickles . looking forward to all the original paint bikes . as this is the theme

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
                        This week end is the first annual Southern National Meet in Denton, NC. The Southern Coalition of AMCA chapters have strived to make this meet one of the best. So come on over and enjoy what antique meets are supposed to be about, swapping, riding, relaxing. Please leave your politics and petitions at home and come enjoy the meet at one of the most unique venues you will ever see.
                        The comment about “leave the politics and petitions at home” is on the narrow minded side. These politics, as you call them, are currently working towards getting a board for our club consisting of people working for the membership instead of for themselves. Right now there’s a major problem with the judging, caused by the president and a couple of board members. If the board was able to cause this much of a problem with the judging, don’t you think they can cause problems in other areas? What’s next? Who knows. For those of you that care and don’t know, check out Save Our Judging and Hostile Takeover under the Judging part of the forum. This isn’t how this club should treat someone as knowledgable as Robin.

Comment

Originally posted by flthead View Post
                          leaving today for the meet from nj .... wonder if anyone else we'll be riding in on there old motorsickles . looking forward to all the original paint bikes . as this is the theme
                          A buddy of mine from Bluefield WV called me tonight, some guy on a 48 Chief was asking him where Denton, NC was so he called me for directions. DOn't look like I'm gonna make it this year. I'm leaving for Branson, Mo Saturday for the Indian Rally at Indian Point. My 63 Chevy PU broke down on the side of the road tonight, gotta get it running and home, then pack and load up the bike, have Dr's appointments Thu & Fri. hopefully next year I can make it. I wish y'all a huge success.
                          Pete
                          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

promo trailer

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                            Louie
                            Can't wait. Looks as if the weather is going to be great. I'll be towing the AMCA Promotiomal Trailer down form Ohio. Anyone that posts on this forum is invited to stop by and introduce yourself.
                            Hello Fred,
                            Good to see you get on here,met you at Eustis,my wife was there with Susan working the trailer.
                            Will see you at Viking or Wauseon.
                            Regards
                            Ken
                            Ken S., # 6457
                            1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                            1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

this denton place is great. it's gonna be a nice show.
                              rob ronky #10507
                              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                              X