Honor The Flat Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Mast View Post
    I didn't get a good enough look at the intake valve actuation, thinking there's another invisible rocker somewhere, or there's a valve stem like I've never seen before. .... sure got a dog-leg for a push rod. But the bike's beautiful!
    Vincent's have a peculiar valve mechanism where the rocker operates the valve below the spring. This motor may be similar, it is a unique pocket valve machine. I would like to study it more to better understand it. I thought Henderson was out of line with its out of line intake pushrods, this motor is way out of line with its wild offset push rods.
    Basically they way I see it is it is four singles attached together with one crankcase.
    WAY COOL.
    Joe

Comment

I've allways been a fan of the in-line 4, but that has to be right up there with the Brough Superior in the looks department. They sure knew how to make a machine pleasing to the eye in the old days, beautiful piece of workmanship there, wow!

Comment

The intake system may also have a constant velocity devise off the rear cylinder where some type of "vacuum tube" is attached from the intake valve pocket to the intake manifold, the operator appears to be tuning the motor here. EVEN COOLER
        Joe

Comment

here is a link with bin # for some history on the l.k. motorcycle
          http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/...in-klement.htm
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
            Cory wahoo!! i found it
            1904 Laurin & Klement 4cyl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQST...layer_embedded
            Good job Greg!!