Honor The Flat Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor The Flat Belt

I can't understand a word spoken but I would have loved to have been in on the action! Very cool stuff!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfEQCOAcxqw
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
    I can't understand a word spoken but I would have loved to have been in on the action! Very cool stuff!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfEQCOAcxqw
    Fantastic, co! Gotta go to Europe, now! That was nearly orgasmic!

Comment

WOW! GOOD ONE CORY. Did you check out that 4 cylinder job???
      I'd love to attend that meet.

Comment

next meet is july 16 2011
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Barry, think that 4cyl is the Lurquin Coudert 1905 listed at the end of film, there is footage of that bike being ridden on youtube somewhere, cannot remember where the link for it was

Comment

Or is it a Riley

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
            Barry, think that 4cyl is the Lurquin Coudert 1905 listed at the end of film, there is footage of that bike being ridden on youtube somewhere, cannot remember where the link for it was
            The decal on the all white four looks like a Riley Decal? I may be wrong. In any event old iron with pedal cranks and leather belts always make me smile. Nothing like running a belt bike down the road.
            Steve Klein
            Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
            American Pre-teens - 1965
            AMCA Member 12176
            Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            Steve@SteveKlein.com
            Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Cory
              You have out done yourself with this rare video find. Fantastic.
              Joe

Comment

Glad you fellas enjoyed the video! I crave this kind of stuff. I gotta get on the other side of the "pond" one day!! I have seen the clip of the white four cylinder and it just may have been posted on this forum before but for the life of me I can't recall where.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Fantastic! Where was this meet at?

Comment

czech republic. look at the guys other vids i'll have lucy look for the town later.
                    rob ronky #10507

Comment

awsome stuff cory,im positive while listening i heard the narrator say sachs dolmar,thats a brand of power saw ive seen as a kid wonder if theres a connection?? i know husqevarna made some sweet looking cycles in the early days and some fine black powder muskets too.yup couldnt understand nuthing but when they fired up thier machines it was all quite clear..

Comment

Cory wahoo!! i found it
                        1904 Laurin & Klement 4cyl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQST...layer_embedded

Comment

Sorry guys you have missed it entirely. This most facinating motorcycle puts to sham an Ariel square four, it has four count them four crankshafts. Look at the bearing bosses on each side of the engine cases and then look at the split line of the engine case. It does not use a bevel gear for either the magneto or power output drive. The cranks all four roll into the wind not screw into the wind two forward two backward. This bike is my all time favorite four I have just decided. How can it get any better? A four that does not have torque reaction and includes a leather belt drive. Now how do I get one? Trades anyone?
                          Joe

Comment

i had lucy translate the page .then i saw it in english below the czech
                            rob ronky #10507

Comment

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
                              Sorry guys you have missed it entirely. This most facinating motorcycle puts to sham an Ariel square four, it has four count them four crankshafts. Look at the bearing bosses on each side of the engine cases and then look at the split line of the engine case. It does not use a bevel gear for either the magneto or power output drive. The cranks all four roll into the wind not screw into the wind two forward two backward. This bike is my all time favorite four I have just decided. How can it get any better? A four that does not have torque reaction and includes a leather belt drive. Now how do I get one? Trades anyone?
                              Joe
                              I didn't get a good enough look at the intake valve actuation, thinking there's another invisible rocker somewhere, or there's a valve stem like I've never seen before. .... sure got a dog-leg for a push rod. But the bike's beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                              X