Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobdo View Post
    Hello Chuck,
    I'm riding in with two other guys from the Cleveland area. I'm not sure exactly when we will show up. Sometimes my friends are like herding cats. But, its always good. -Bob
    LOL Well Bob you and the cats have a little ways to go I am just south of Buffalo
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Bob,

I am in Germany and can't attend.....

But since reading this post, I have to agree with Robert's comment's. Thank Robert

And.....give me your mailing address and I will send you $20 to pay for your camping or put in the gas tank....or heck, buy a beer.

Ya just gotta take pics..

George Greer
      George Greer
      AMCA # 3370

Comment

George,
        Thanks for the offer, but I'd prefer you spend the $20. on some of that good German beer for yourself. I don't mean to seem ungrateful or "needy" for that matter. That was a nice gesture on your part. I still haven't figured out how to post pics, but I'm sure someone will.
        I hope you have a bike over there, I understand the countryside is very nice.
        Prost!
        Bob

Comment

Bob,

No problem, and no insult intended with the offer OK.

I have a 42 WLA, and a 2000 ElectraGlide Ultra.

And yes riding (when weather permits) in the county side is nice.

Take care, and don't worry about the pics. If you would sign up for photobucket account, attaching photos is pretty painless.

George
          George Greer
          AMCA # 3370

Comment

Dear All, I've been quiet for a few days while enjoying a fabulous 500 miles riding in Texas Hill Country on John Nixon's borrowed Harley 36VLH. It was great. I'm now in Houston Public Library trying to rebook return flights to the UK because of that Icelandic volcano. Could be a struggle. If necessary, I'll get a flight from Houston to Oley rather than have you guys think I'm staying away because of the threats made on this very forum. Let's lighten up, move on, and remember the idea is to have fun with old bikes like I've recently been doing courtesy of Cherokee Chapter. Best regards.

Comment

Well said Mr Slocombe. I'm looking forward to going to Oley next week. Perhaps I'll have the pleasure of meeting you there.

Comment

Steve,
                Because of the ash fallout, seems like the airports in Europe is going to have flights cancelled, or at least disrupted for a week or so.

George

PS, Harry Hacker informed me that the meeting in Dinkeslbuhl will not be there but in Den Hagg. Sorry, can't make that one.
                George Greer
                AMCA # 3370

Comment

yesterday a friend was told "we have no flights to france from nyc. then a pause i'm sorry sir i see one seat for $9,000 us." it's not safe to fly for $500 round trip but it's safe to fly $9,000 one way.
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                  X