OLEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLEY

I'm planning on going to Oley this year for the first time.
    The plan is to ride my "push button" bike & pitch a small tent, a couple guys are planning to ride along & do the same thing. Is there a place to set up a tent on the grounds & what does it cost? I'm really looking forward to it. Bob
    Bob

you'll really like oley - yes they have camping onsite. there is a cost but currently I do not know it

I plan on attending aswell - look for a black 1940 Indian cheif, stop in and say hello

aka HAWG
    1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
    1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
    1940 indian chief military
    1965 sportster xlch
    1969 sportster xlch bobber
    1971 bsa A65 chopper
    1969 harley ss350 sprint
    1960 harley topper
    1963 harley topper
    H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
    H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
    1949 harley model 125 bobber project
    1959 harley model 165
    1960 harley super 10
    1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
    EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Be sure to visit the Reading Motorcycle Club clubhouse. It is around a mile or so down the same road as the entrance to the Oley Meet.
      Have a good steak at Tailgaters sports bar a few miles towards Reading on Hwy 73. Cook it yourself on the broiler while you chat with the girls doing the same.
      Have breakfast at the Oley Legion Diner on 73 on the east side of Oley.
      Of course during the day and evening stop in to the Oley Volunteer Fire Department for some liquid refreshment.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks Hawg & Chris for the info.
        I'm gonna write down those places Chris & check them out.
        Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys.
        Spring is here. Bob
        Bob

Comment

saturday april 24 grandview speedway nascar modified late models just 15 mins. away
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I just put in for my days off. Oley sure is a fun meet and there is so much to do that weekend. The town is quite pretty and riding around there is sweet. Yes, it is something to look forward to.
            Denise

Comment

planning on being there thursday afternoon ,the few times I have gone I have enjoyed it nice place and setting.
              Tent camping seems to be around the outer edge of the swap area seems most head toward the tree line to pitch a tent
              Chuck
              AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I can't wait but its all goona pan on the weather. I can live with the cold but that rain stuff. Well you know?
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                  I can't wait but its all goona pan on the weather. I can live with the cold but that rain stuff. Well you know?
                  usually by noon the sun is out and you dont need a jacket, rain has been a problem a few times but there always seems to be at least one beautiful day. you should take some sun block for your face, i got the worst sunburn there about 5 years ago. Oley is in my opinion the best swapmeet, see you there.

Comment

Can non vendors get into the fair grounds and camp on Thurs night?
                    Looking to make it to Oley this year....Thanks Rod

Comment

You can get in on Thursday fine, some are there Wed. In fact, make sure you go before Saturday- the vendors start to pull out on Sat. Sunday is mostly judging.
                      Dan Margolien
                      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                      Www.yankeechapter.org
                      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I'll look for ya Sludge, leaning against that brick wall.
                        Hopefully, I'll get to meet a bunch of you that so far I've only typed to.
                        Bob
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobdo View Post
                          I'll look for ya Sludge, leaning against that brick wall.
                          Hopefully, I'll get to meet a bunch of you that so far I've only typed to.
                          Bob
                          Hey Bob I feel the same way, Maybe we can get a few of us together on Thursday nite?
                          Chuck
                          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

I usually visit on Friday to look for parts, Sunday to look at the bikes being judged if I can do all 3 days.
                            Ray
                            AMCA #7140

Comment

Chuck,
                              I can't make it Thursday. I'm leaving Friday morning early. I was out of work for ten months so now that I'm lucky to have a job I'll just take the one day off. -Bob
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X