No announcement yet.

Cannonball News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a pretty cool looking bike for sure.... I'd be curious to see those pics Louie.

Here's a couple more links......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbN1aonVZWs

http://crissommersimmonscannonball.b...t-kind-of.html
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

International Cannon Ball entry

Went on a memorial drive today for a collector who had various jewels from all facets of vehicular collecting; Chris Craft Boats, orig. paint Excelsiors, & pre-'16 HDs, Pierce Arrows, custom bodies Packards, Stutzs, Mercers, Ferrari Lusso, you name it. On the ride today, was an English gentleman, shaking down his '14 HD single speed for the Cannon Ball ride. He has fitted a reserve petrol tank (sure hope it works with our gas), and dawns superior British weathproofs. He is set for the trip, and wearing out his bike before the run even begins!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Stars of today's show were an original paint Pope Harford touring car, and prestine '14 Pierce Arrow. The '36 VL with sidecar was a great attraction also. We never needed my '33 chase truck.
      RF.

Comment

Red Fred! Now that sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday! That would be Victor that's shaking down his '14. He was going to cross the country on it even before the Cannonball idea was mentioned. He's a positive fella with the utmost confidence in his machine. I'd watch out for him Cannonballers....... he's coming prepared........
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, I sent you a private message......
          Louie
          FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
          Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
          YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

The Dixie Flyer looks a LOT like this Marsh Metz, no doubt it's a re badge.
            Attached Files
            Louie
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie
              Marsh Metz machines were badged by many companies such as Arrow, Imperial and so forth perhaps five to ten different brand names. I believe they ended production in 1913. They built singles and belt drive twins of 90 degree configuration. Yes the dixie flyer is an M&M.
              Joe
              Last edited by Slojo; 03-09-2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Boy I wish I had one of them 90 degree twin bikes!
                Louie
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie.... I dig those early twins too but for some reason I dig the singles more.... Why? Got no clue......
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Ain't this the life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0xv...layer_embedded
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
                      I got an email a couple years ago when the Dixie Flyer was for sale, I guess I got it because I'm the Dixie Chapter contact. I have original pictures of, of course the original paint looks better now...hummm.
                      I'll post the pics later.

Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

man ,thats the way i like to find them.looks like it was oiled down alot ,before stuffed in the barn. i use Kramers antique restorer on original paint bikes,it really seems to rejuvinate the paint ,and bring out its original color.
                          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                            man ,thats the way i like to find them.looks like it was oiled down alot ,before stuffed in the barn. i use Kramers antique restorer on original paint bikes,it really seems to rejuvinate the paint ,and bring out its original color.
                            Lonnie-You ever try "Gibbs" on the original paint bikes? If not, I'd recommend trying it-as it works wonders, and easy to spray on! BPK!!

Comment

Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

the first course run

this last week or so our course master john classen and his wife have been driving the first of two pre event route runs from kitty hawk to santa monica.looks like day 3 from concord to maggie valley is going to be the toughest.most days are about 200 miles ,give or take.a little less than we thought, but the mountains will hit us on day three,which is better than day two i guess. john is now at the mid way point in hot springs ,arkansas. it is looking like other than day 3 the first half of the route will be fairly mild.i figure that if an entrant can endure the first week ,then they may have a good chance at completing the entire ride.we are still waiting for the reports from the second half of the run ,which will be alot harder than the first half. we are reporting updates daily from the first course run now on our website.everyone can keep updated on the website. its shaping up to be a really great route,and i'm looking forward to seeing it.
                                www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
                                X