No announcement yet.

new TV show currently in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do a show about glenn curtiss. not just the bike but his planes to.keep the bs. love story out of it.follow his romance of all thing motorized then you may have a show.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by 20scout View Post
      Sounds like we could produce a program about blowing up televisions!!!

TR. Yeah but who is going to watch it?

Comment

Gee Whiz ( please notice the "Whiz"). A friend and I came up with the same idea about 6 years ago and pitched it to a production company. Almost the same wording and goals, but we were going to visit(hopefully) the shops of AMCA members to see what they do. None of this antique roadshow crap just to see how "This Old Bike" came about. We were never heard from again until now----Michael " Gonna bloe my TV to Hell" --6671--PS where is Big Paul & Little Paul, Mikey , and Litte Dick when we need them!!!!!

Comment

Michael, You are welcome in my shop anytime you choose. We’ll need to talk about your buddy’s first though.
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

oh crap---that means i'll have to start wearing pants in front of the computer------

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
              --PS where is Big Paul & Little Paul, Mikey , and Litte Dick when we need them!!!!!
              last I heard Mikey was in therapy or detox or something, go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                I can hear it now. . . "How much is that worth?" or "Let's ask and expert who can tell us what it will bring at auction." Of course the expert will be some jerk that makes a fine living by screwing the un-informed poor and then screwing the un-informed wealthy. Modern television is chewing up the world looking for content to feed it's voracious appetite for mediocrity. Look at what the media monster did to the music business or how they turned simple evening news into CNN and Fox news. Now they have found our enclave of sanity. I would encourage every club member to boycott this piece of crap.
                Well said Eric! Mediocrity is exactly it!

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
                Gee Whiz ( please notice the "Whiz"). A friend and I came up with the same idea about 6 years ago and pitched it to a production company. Almost the same wording and goals, but we were going to visit(hopefully) the shops of AMCA members to see what they do. None of this antique roadshow crap just to see how "This Old Bike" came about. We were never heard from again until now----Michael " Gonna bloe my TV to Hell" --6671--PS where is Big Paul & Little Paul, Mikey , and Litte Dick when we need them!!!!!
                I could probably be persuaded to tune in to a show like that Michael. It's the public drives that dig through peoples junk to take to the auction to see how much they can fetch for it that turn me off. There's already enough of a spotlight on our treasured hobby. A show like this could only be detrimental to the "old" bike world as we know it. Lord knows it's went through quite the transformation in better than the last decade alone. I hope no one takes me wrong but I can't support anything that highlights the top dollar and eliminates anybody but the wealthy from enjoying our sport.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Last year I heard rumblings that Dale Walksler was going to have a TV show. Any updates on that?
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Dave, I got to thinking about this and realised that you are not getting a lot of constructive input. Take a look at Matt and Ryan's thread on the giveaway bike. Then read Slojo's thread about his 14HD Cannonball run machine. These are the real stories that we want to see. Regular guys, working their way through the refurbishment of a machine. And sharing skills and knowledge with the rest of us. Their inspiration? Not money, simply enjoyment. No need for fake drama or the artificial 'suspense' of an auction to dress things up. Slojo will have plenty of real experience while riding that old machine across country with the other racers, and Ryan will surely give us all the thrills we need when he kicks that bike over for the first time. And their actions won't inspire meth-heads to rummage through garages and barns looking for the next thing they can steal and sell for a fix. There are already plenty of overdone 'reality' shows that give nothing of value to the viewer - no need for you to add one more. I suspect you are just in it for the money, but please think more like the original "this old house" than "house hunters" and don't ruin our hobby for your gain. If you take the more informative, instructive approach and stayed away from the money game, you'd likely find an incredible amount of enthusiastic support from the club members - I know I'd be behind you 100%.
                    Ralph

Comment

Well said dommi7.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

That was very well put Ralph. The idea itself is great but the "what's it worth?" factor is a turn off. I do have to admit now that I've had a good look at the link posted by Dave that I may have to have a look at a show or two. I'm a fish out of water with Facebook but I did find this.... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1132315&ref=mf and it looks like there could be shows on Jeff Haberman's, Jefferson and the Lake racer that was in the club mag awhile back. They hit me in my weak spot fellas........
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by dommi7 View Post
                          overdone 'reality' shows that give nothing of value to the viewer - no need for you to add one more. I suspect you are just in it for the money, but please think more like the original "this old house" than "house hunters" and don't ruin our hobby

No fellas, I'm not connected to this show in any way...sorry, I guess that wasn't clear.

My post was just a copy/paste from that website.

Comment

Judging the masses by the occasional curious citizen that may walk in my "storefront", the public already has an over-inflated perception of the value of derelict machines.

It might be good if they were exposed to the trials and tribulations and expenses involved.

The benefit will depend entirely upon the quality of the show.
                            If it parallels some Discovery Channel comedies, then it's more sadness.

Perhaps the best way to assure some quality would be if some of us sourpusses were to get involved.

Count me out of course.

....Cotten
                            Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-10-2010, 02:44 PM.
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

There was a series on the "Military Chanel" called "Tank Overhaul", that had a format that would be great for antique cycles. These guys restore vintage tanks, often starting with rusted out relics missing many of the pieces- sound familiar? It follows them through the cleaning and repairing and searching for parts, and the building of new replacement pieces. Shows the ups and downs of the the whole project, finally ending with an acurate and running restoration. No auctions, or other hype about value etc.
                              Doug.
                              Doug McLaughlin #6607
                              NorCal, USA

Comment

Full page ad

Last weekend this "Classic Motorcycle Roadshow"
                                group had a full page ad in the Mid America Las Vegas
                                Auction booklet, that was printed each day and handed
                                out to prospective buyers, showing which bikes would
                                be auctioned when.

The ad had similar content as their web announcement. No
                                phone number or address for contact. Just the same internet
                                address - classicmotorcycleroadshow.com.

Also, no estimated first episode date .... or even a channel listed,
                                to turn to for the actual program.

Comment

Working...
                                X