• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement on show channel website

Classic Motorcycle Roadshow posted the below message on
    their website yesterday .... which explains why they have not
    listed a time, date or channel for their new project show on
    their webpage, or in their advertising ....

"Administrator says: January 11, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    The show is going to be a television series. We are in the
    process of putting together a “sales reel” to pitch to network
    executives. The History Channel is going to be our goal client.
    Thanks for your support! Truly, The CMR Staff"

It will be interesting to see how the Networks treat their
    new offering ......

Comment

good luck. i'm looking forward to mike wolfes show ,,american pickers ,history channel jan 16 .and dales show too ,when it comes out.
      Last edited by jurassic; 01-12-2010, 12:30 PM.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

I think it's a great format. We all sit back and dream about a great find! I'm half way thru reading Vincent in a Barn and to have a TV show to keep the fires burning all the better.
        Those who cry about prices going up..... When have they not? Ebay is here to stay, the world changes big deal... Get on board or stay on the porch with the family dog and let the young pups grab all the treats.

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
          good luck. i'm looking forward to mike wolfes show ,,american pickers ,history channel jan 16 .and dales show too ,when it comes out.
          Thanks for mentioning it Jurassic! I'm going to have to check it out. http://www.history.com/content/american-pickers Check out the Rejected at Gunpoint video! This show could have some great stories!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Classic Motorcycle Roadshow......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEZqv...eature=related
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Did you notice the owners son was smiling like a butchers dog the whole time.
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

thats an awsome clip on that cutiss cory,but the fluttery dude with the double earings made it disturbing to watch....they should of got a old fellar to describe it instead...thanks again

Comment

I own a TV. Others watch it. It has a purpose. I seldom see the value in it's purpose. BUT... for me anything about old motorcycles, good or bad, I would watch.
                  Ross

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
                    There was a series on the "Military Chanel" called "Tank Overhaul", that had a format that would be great for antique cycles. These guys restore vintage tanks, often starting with rusted out relics missing many of the pieces- sound familiar? It follows them through the cleaning and repairing and searching for parts, and the building of new replacement pieces. Shows the ups and downs of the the whole project, finally ending with an acurate and running restoration. No auctions, or other hype about value etc.
                    Doug.
                    I saw a few episodes of that series. It was SUPERB !

Comment

Here's another internet variation.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onOUKOdl5JA somewhat scripted but more bearable than let's say the OCC......
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Now we all know what our future holds in store for us.
                        ------------
                        Steve
                        AMCA #7300

Comment

There was a show with apparently a pretty brief run on DIY network called "Classic Rides". It was a straight-forward, non "reality tv" multipart show featuring bike restorations. I know they did a '65 FLH and a '48 Chief.

Haven't found it archived anywhere on the internet, it must exist somewhere.
                          Chris Matthews was part of it. Enjoyable in a VERY non O.C.C. kind of way.

--------------------------------------------------------------
                          About This Show
                          Car buffs have been restoring classic cars for years and now are expanding into other modes of travel. Classic Rides gives you step-by-step and detailed project-by-project information on restoring vintage motorcycles, classic scooters and even those early travel trailers. Learn to rebuild and restore favorite rides from the past with Classic Rides.

the Hosts

Kevin Reynolds

Chris Matthews

Kevin Tetz
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I can't help but think that no good can come from a show like this.

Comment

Working...
                            X