Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Proper Way To Transport A Munch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great

Great Pictures!

Comment

I had never seen a Munch with an Indian engine in it.

Many years ago there was an early wire wheeled Munch in a garage in Toad Town, CA. The owner had been a dealer and this one was his display model, which was never reclaimed by the factory when they went broke. Toad Town in above Paradise, CA. The Munch owner lived in a old CDF Camp. It had 14 heated insulated garages large enough for fire trucks and all of them were full of goodies.
      Last edited by Chris Haynes; 09-27-2009, 10:47 AM.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
        I had never seen a Munch with an Indian engine in it.

Many years ago there was an early wire wheeled Munch in a garage in Toad Town, CA. The owner had been a dealer and this one was his display model, which was never reclaimed by the factory when they went broke. Toad Town in above Paradise, CA. The Munch owner lived in a old CDF Camp. It had 14 heated insulated garages large enough for fire trucks and all of them were full of goodies.
        That's not a Munch with an Indian engine in it . It has a few similar components as it was made in Germany by Friedel Munch as a prototype for Floyd Clymer's resurrection of the Indian brand. Unfortunately Floyd died before his dream could reach fruition. ALL Munch bikes had magnesium rear wheels from serial #1 on. They were the first production bikes with this. The front wheels were spoked until much later models. No two bikes were 100% identical.

Comment

I SHOULD CLARIFY MY STATEMENT AS THE PRE- PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE MUNCH HAD A SPOKED REAR WHEEL. THIS BIKE WAS RESTORED BY FRIEDEL HIMSELF AND IS IN GERMANY
          HERE IS THE SALES BROCHURE FOR THE CLYMER INDIAN

Comment

MORE OF THE BROCHURE

Comment

Working...
            X