V-Twin hand lever problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Yup, Chrysler is going to close 800 dealerships and GM will close 1,000.
    About 1100. GM dealership in Corvallis, Oregon is one of them. College town with a population of 55,000.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Harley Is Closing Dealerships Too. Cameron's In Perth Ontario And Sovie's In Potsdam New York. They Are Using Other Excuses To Screw These Guys Out Of Their Franchises, Just Like The Beloved Harley Company Of Yore.

Comment

look what happened last time H-D tried to buy a 4 cyl bike/company, funny how history repeats, maybe not
        how did they get out from under the 29 try? don`t know the full story myself

Comment

I agree with you also Tom but we need international trade as well. When things were really great here in the states, it was partly because we shipped our goods overseas. They real problem with trade today is the lopsided part of it. Our corporations are moving our manufacturing base to poor third world nations.....all because of pure and simple GREED. The clonies holding high office positions, from the excecutive branch, to all other government agencies, have steered the rule of law, the trade policies, and the clean air laws, to permit such manufacturing moves. It hasn't mattered a damn bit what particuliar party has held control of congress or the administrations. Every freakin one of them are in the back pockets of the large corporations. How about GM ??????????? They are gonna be selling us automobiles they will be manufacturing in China !!!!! Next year in fact !! Nope....nothing wrong with international trade. BUT !!!!!!!! It must be fair !!!! It must not cause jobless situations here in the states ! If corporations must follow strict epa guidelines in the USA....then any manufacturer in the rest of the world.... must follow those same guidelines, or be forbidden to sell those manufactured goods here. Same goes for labor practices. NO CHILD SLAVE WORKERS !!! A standard minimum wage world wide !! If a politician does not hold to the words I just spoke......he is a treasonist bastard.
          Last edited by Paps; 05-16-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Here is the last piece of crap I bought from Vee Twin. I think it only lasted one or two kicks. I decided not to return it as their return policy blows. They will only give you a "credit" no refunds. It is great to show to people thinking of doing business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
              look what happened last time H-D tried to buy a 4 cyl bike/company, funny how history repeats, maybe not
              I have never heard the story.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Ill bet it was costly as well !!!Whats the saying long after the smile of less money is gone the taste of POOR quality linger

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                  I have never heard the story.
                  Hi,Chris
                  In 29 H-D evaluated the Cleveland four ,Arthur Davidson recomended a buyout, William Harley recomended hireing Everett De Long which they did.

only what i have read ref "Indian Four Motorcycles color history" pg52 J.Hatfield/J.Hackett

Always intrested me, but not something H-D archives are going to shout about, a "what nearly happened" ?

Comment

The gear specimen shows a total lack of quality control. That batch of gears never were tested for correct tempering. It is obvious the gear was hardened clear through. The shearing of the teeth, down to the root, points this out. You manufacture the gear and yet during the next to last phase of the manufacturing process, you don't proof the tempering ??? before you finish the part ??? The only other reason for such failure ?? Incorrect material in the first place. Material that cannot be tempered correctly ! There could be one more reason for the failure but that does not look to be the case with this gear. Poor teeth cutting at the root, leaving behind a tool mark fracture point, would and could, cause such successive tooth row shearing. But as I said....that gear looks like the machine work was sufficient. In either case senerio of why the gear failed....the real reason is quality control.

Comment

Hi,Chris
                      In 29 H-D evaluated the Cleveland four ,Arthur Davidson recomended a buyout, William Harley recomended hireing Everett De Long which they did.

only what i have read ref "Indian Four Motorcycles color history" pg52 J.Hatfield/J.Hackett

Always intrested me, but not something H-D archives are going to shout about, a "what nearly happened" ?
                      H-D did prototype a four in the early '30's. Last I knew of it it was in the collection of Will Francis. I haven't heard where it went after his death.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

http://www.caimag.com/forum/f2/missi...type-1940.html
                        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Working...
                        X